Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one month rebuild 30k+ new credit

tag
Creditgirl23
Established Member

one month rebuild 30k+ new credit

My rebuild journey began March 2024, now a month later I have made significant improvements and have gotten some pretty amazing offers. I will sum up my updates and you can see below for where my credit was at the begining of March 2024. I paid my  Capital one Quicksilver one and Platinum both paid off zero balance. I paid down Discover balance to 60% utilization, Macys  is at 54% and bloomingdales is still at 0%.just this past week,  I requested CLI  on all my cards except bloomingdales, all denied except CAP1 Quicksilver One, the offer was $250 but I declined.I did a prequal for citibank and was approved for a citi cash back card with $3,500 CLI, feeling lucky I did a prequal for NFCU and was approved for their amex card with a whopping $25,000 CLI (Ive been banking with them for 8 years). pushing my luck I tried for PENFED Pathfinder and got preapproved for $3,500( the page refresh and when i tried to do it again no luck). 3 days later I was feeling the itch and applied for Captital One Venture, I picked the lowest in the tier but was approved for the second rank venture card with a limit of $3000.Riding the wave I applied for AMEX platinum got approved with no set limit. none of my scores were above 670 at the time of my applications. I plan to drop the accounts that I am a authorized user on and garden now to work on my profile. My goal is to try and get in with CHASE and USAA in the future.hope this info can help someone. Smiley Happy

Experian FICO 8 638

Payment History: 81% 4 late 30+ days 4 late 60+ days 81% accounts always paid as agreed. 1 month since recent late. ( This is all old 2019 data my current cards have never been late .)

Credit Usage: Overall: 55% Discover 99%, Capital One Quicksilver 97% Capital One Platinum 2% Macys 55%  Bloomingdales 0%

Authorize User Accounts (I am linked to):Citibank card 95%, Chase 21%  Banana Republic 0% 

Student Loans: $22,000 deferred while enrolled in school. no late payments.

Personal loans: Affirm paid/closed 03/2018 reported 6 late payments. one 30 day, three 60 day, two 90 day.

Closed Accounts:  Express  charge off $767 last payment 12/31/2018 reporting one 30 day late, one 90 day late one 120 day late one 150 day late one 180 day late . last update 08/2019.  Victoria Secret charge off $ 378 last payment 12/27/2018 reporting one 30 day late, one 60 day late, one 90 day late one 120 day late. Last update 08/2019  Old Navy charge off $199 ( 66% of credit limit) last payment 12/16/2018 last updated 02/05/2024. reporting one 30 day late, one 60 day late, one 90 day late one 120 day late. 

Credit Age: Good

Hard inquiries: 1 dropping off  May 2025

Equifax Fico 8 633

Payment History: 91%   1 late 30+ day  1 late 60+ days ( This is all old data  from 2019.My current cards have never been late .)

Credit Usage: Overall:74%   Discover 99%, Capital One Quicksilver 98% Capital One Platinum 3% Macys 56%  Bloomingdales 0%

Authorize User Accounts (I am linked to):Citibank card 96%, Chase 21%  Banana Republic 0% 

Closed Accounts: Old Navy charge off $199 ( 66% of credit)  last updated 02/2024  reporting 1  60 day late and 2 90 day late.

Transunion Fico 8  666

I dont have specific details as I just recieve a condense summary from my discover card.

One inquiry: dropping off 2025

Revolving utilization: 68%

Missed payments: 0

10 REPLIES 10
GreyvyTrain
New Contributor

Re: one month rebuild 30k+ new credit

Nice work, congrats!

Closing before next AF:
FICO SCORE 8 (5/3/24)

3 Paid COs until 2026, 1% UTI - AZEO
Message 2 of 11
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@Creditgirl23 wrote:

My rebuild journey began March 2024, now a month later I have made significant improvements and have gotten some pretty amazing offers. I will sum up my updates and you can see below for where my credit was at the begining of March 2024. I paid my  Capital one Quicksilver one and Platinum both paid off zero balance. I paid down Discover balance to 60% utilization, Macys  is at 54% and bloomingdales is still at 0%.just this past week,  I requested CLI  on all my cards except bloomingdales, all denied except CAP1 Quicksilver One, the offer was $250 but I declined.I did a prequal for citibank and was approved for a citi cash back card with $3,500 CLI, feeling lucky I did a prequal for NFCU and was approved for their amex card with a whopping $25,000 CLI (Ive been banking with them for 8 years). pushing my luck I tried for PENFED Pathfinder and got preapproved for $3,500( the page refresh and when i tried to do it again no luck). 3 days later I was feeling the itch and applied for Captital One Venture, I picked the lowest in the tier but was approved for the second rank venture card with a limit of $3000.Riding the wave I applied for AMEX platinum got approved with no set limit. none of my scores were above 670 at the time of my applications. I plan to drop the accounts that I am a authorized user on and garden now to work on my profile. My goal is to try and get in with CHASE and USAA in the future.hope this info can help someone. Smiley Happy

Experian FICO 8 638

Payment History: 81% 4 late 30+ days 4 late 60+ days 81% accounts always paid as agreed. 1 month since recent late. ( This is all old 2019 data my current cards have never been late .)

Credit Usage: Overall: 55% Discover 99%, Capital One Quicksilver 97% Capital One Platinum 2% Macys 55%  Bloomingdales 0%

Authorize User Accounts (I am linked to):Citibank card 95%, Chase 21%  Banana Republic 0% 

Personal loans: Affirm paid/closed 03/2018 reported 6 late payments. one 30 day, three 60 day, two 90 day.

Closed Accounts:  Express  charge off $767 last payment 12/31/2018 reporting one 30 day late, one 90 day late one 120 day late one 150 day late one 180 day late . last update 08/2019.  Victoria Secret charge off $ 378 last payment 12/27/2018 reporting one 30 day late, one 60 day late, one 90 day late one 120 day late. Last update 08/2019  Old Navy charge off $199 ( 66% of credit limit) last payment 12/16/2018 last updated 02/05/2024. reporting one 30 day late, one 60 day late, one 90 day late one 120 day late. 

Equifax Fico 8 633

Payment History: 91%   1 late 30+ day  1 late 60+ days ( This is all old data  from 2019.My current cards have never been late .)

Credit Usage: Overall:74%   Discover 99%, Capital One Quicksilver 98% Capital One Platinum 3% Macys 56%  Bloomingdales 0%

Authorize User Accounts (I am linked to):Citibank card 96%, Chase 21%  Banana Republic 0% 

Closed Accounts: Old Navy charge off $199 ( 66% of credit)  last updated 02/2024  reporting 1  60 day late and 2 90 day late.

Transunion Fico 8  666

I dont have specific details as I just recieve a condense summary from my discover card.

One inquiry: dropping off 2025

Revolving utilization: 68%

Missed payments: 0

Wow, Amazing results! Congratulations!  

• Well, Navy Federal pulls from TransUnion so that is probably why that is your biggest win, as TransUnion looks to be your best out of the 3 profiles by far.  
  • Amex pulls from Experian usually but can also pull from a secondary bureau or change them up depending on where you live.
  • PenFed pulls from Equifax.
  • Capital One usually pulls all three bureaus. 

The Navy Federal account will help improve your utilization greatly, and also with 0 missed payments in the TransUnion credit report, you should receive the most credit point boost there. 

Best of luck in your continued rebuild!

Message 3 of 11
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@Creditgirl23 
P.S. Your Macy's account can grow very quickly and if you do a search here, you will see reports that some Macy's accounts can grow upwards of 35K.  You are eligible to ask for a CLI every 31 days. Try to grow that card account to continue to lower your utilization and thus raising your credit scores. 

Message 4 of 11
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval successes!  That being said I would never turn down a CLI from Capital One since it's a soft pull.  $250 isn't much but there's no harm to accepting it and while they usually willl make you wait 6 more months before potentially approving another CLI on that card, accepting it has no bearing on whether they'll approve a future CLI request.  Most Cap 1 platinum cards are bucketed so the account is probably limited in how much it will grow.  Your Venture card likely has a better chance of growing than the Platinum.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 5 of 11
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 11
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I would suggest getting yourself removed from that nearly maxed out Citi card youre an AU on that is definitely not helping you.

Message 7 of 11
Focused
New Visitor

I have had Cap1 for a long time now. I have their Platinum and regular cards. I boosted my utilization rate by doubling my CL on both accounts.  My UR is now in low 20's. I got many cards to zero as part of that. My Transunion score is too low to get a mortgage, and when I called to get an update,  Transunion said they don't use FICO, which I was confused about because My Fico lists a Transunion score. Any suggestions?

@Zoostation1 wrote:

Congrats on the approval successes!  That being said I would never turn down a CLI from Capital One since it's a soft pull.  $250 isn't much but there's no harm to accepting it and while they usually willl make you wait 6 more months before potentially approving another CLI on that card, accepting it has no bearing on whether they'll approve a future CLI request.  Most Cap 1 platinum cards are bucketed so the account is probably limited in how much it will grow.  Your Venture card likely has a better chance of growing than the Platinum.

Message 8 of 11
Jhutchinson13

Super helpful to know , thanks for sharing! 

Message 9 of 11
Creditgirl23
Established Member

I am aware. I have been with cap 1 for a very long time. my strategy here is to wait for the new accounts to update and have my yrilization significantly drop and hopefully recieve a nice boost on my scores. Then I will attempt the cli with them again and if its still 250 i will just take it. so far my strategy has worked with being able to get a nice credit line increase on my macys card. after trying for months and being denied. I pulled the trigger and got $2500 increase today.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.