Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The EQUIFAX Dispute Games Players

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The EQUIFAX Dispute Games Players

I disputed a 30-day late with equifax 37 days ago, still no update. I called them Monday, bad choice, on hold over 45 minutes then given wrong number, called back on hold again. Finaly I got to talk to a well spoken man who explained they could not find the confirmation number I gave him in there system. Tried to communcate no go headache from the deepest part of earth.

Sent a fax, email and certifed mail today. Wife calls got e-mail response this afternoon they could not locate my dispute. PO so I called back spoke with 3 more reps over 2-hour period was told by 1- disputes take 45 day, the other 2 - kept asking if I wanted to start a dispute. Communication from the deepest parts of earth and another million miles below the pit. Dizzly headed I demanded a supervisor. I spoke with DEVINE supervisor of TEAM 14, she said she could not locate confirmation # I gave her asked if I wanted to start another dispute, I said no I will fax you the confirmaton on Equifax letter head with date of disuputes start, I continued to explain they had 30-days per FCRA, I purchased my report and it was day 37. She put me on hold and came back and said I found your confirmation dispute there was a glitch in the system. That was no glitch that was a lightning bolt in an upward direction from the pit. She then had the nerve ending of a hippo to tell me it will take 45 days for DV, I explained it had already been 37 days. She then said I can get this cleared up within 3-5 days if I gave her the number to Chase Mortage. I then gave her the number,she asked who should I ask to speak to I replied any of the customer service reps can get you to the right person. She then replied no I need the direct number to the person who can verify your dispute. Well imagine that they want me to provide them with the number and the contact person. Now I am crouched down leaning next to a metal building about to pass out from blood that has rushed to my head from thinning due to boiling. I asked her please call them, she replied call who, owe boy, I said Chase she replied I can not do that without the phone number and person to contact. Which way do I go from here. I then asked her what can you do for me, she replied do you want to file another dispute. I said no I was going to file a complaint with the Feds, she then proceeded to give me the address to Equifax legal department.

What can I do.This post has helped alittle with stress relief sorry so long. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The EQUIFAX Dispute Games Players

They have 45 days IF you filed from a free CR   OR you called,faxed or mailed more info on the dispute!!!

Did you use a free report?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The EQUIFAX Dispute Games Players

I ourchased the report. All contact related to dispute was 37 days later, no contact during 30-day dispute.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.