Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resurgent/LVNV “in legal status”

tag
Onthemove24
Established Member

Resurgent/LVNV “in legal status”

I decided to address an old Credit One collection account.   It's showing on my report under Resurgent/Lvnv.   I set up an account for Resurgent to view online what they had.  Two time-barred debts showing, but Credit One said unable to view online and please contact customer care.  So I did.  I asked for the DOD and she said she did not have that info.  (I believe it was mid-Apri 2018). She advised me it was in "legal status" and named the company.  I suspect they tried to serve me a couple of months ago, but I don't actually live at the address and nothing more happened.  

I was going to try and pay on it as I know they do "pay for delete."  Not so sure about the law firm.  So now what?  Can I dispute on my credit report since Resurgent couldn't tell me anything?  Can the law firm add it back on IF it was removed?  Should I even try to contact the law firm?  I am at 6 years with this debt, for various reasons, would like to resolve it before 7 years is up.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Onthemove24
Established Member

Re: Resurgent/LVNV “in legal status”

Bump.  Anybody?

Message 2 of 4
TheKid2
Established Contributor

If you pull your reports from ACR (annualcreditreport.com) you will be able to determine the DoFD for the account, as well as, get a "on report until" date showing you when it will be removed. I would not advise disputing data that is correct, if you owe it you owe it. Disputes can bite you.

Settling the debt and getting a PFD is a great option if you pursue it with the CA. Any legal action from that point on you will have the receipts that it is paid/settled and the collection will be removed from your reports. You can't be sued for debt you don't owe. The original account will stay until it falls off, but losing the collection from the report is important.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 3 of 4
Onthemove24
Established Member

Thanks for replying.  I have my Experian from ACR.  It does not show DOD.  I only know the dates it is due to come off my reports and looked at my bank statement and correlating life event to deduce DOD.  

As stated, the collection agency couldn't tell me anything so I could PFD.  No guarantee a law firm would so I guess I will just leave it alone for now..... My thinking was if the collection agency says they aren't handling it so I can pay it, why should they have it listed on my CR...hence me disputing it. ... will give ut another month and see if anything changes.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.