cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal - Synchrony - Comenity?

tag
BrighterFuture

PayPal - Synchrony - Comenity?

Please excuse the fact that I have started a new thread; however, the circumstances surrounding the one I started the other day, PayPal Synchrony goodwill advice, has now taken a twist. 

I have called Synchrony two times now and asked to speak with a supervisor both times. Both were extremely sympathetic to my circumstances and seemed genuinely willing to help me. The first supervisor looked into my account and informed me that Synchrony acquired PayPal in mid-2019. According to what she saw, my report should only show two months under their accounting before I paid the balance off in October 2019.

I've looked at all three of my credit reports and even reviewed what I can see through the reporting that occurs through the data shared with my scores/reports shown on various credit card accounts. For example, Discover uses the Fico Score 8 based on TransUnion data.

All are showing "Presence of serious delinquency" with the following dates:

July 30

Aug 60

September 90

October 120

Nov 90

I called and spoke with a second supervisor yesterday and she should teach classes on customer service, as it sounded as though she teared up when I started crying like a grown baby while explaining my situation. I informed her that the first supervisor had requested the negative remarks be removed from my report due to medical reasons and that I had received a letter stating that they were reporting my file correctly and that they were required by law to report accurate information. This supervisor informed me that she could only see one 30 day late payment for July and could not give me a reason as to why it continued to show late in November after paying it off in October. She placed me on hold and spoke with someone who informed her that during this time, they were working with Comenity Bank to transfer all accounts over to Synchrony and that the negative remarks being shown most likely occurred due to information on their end. She informed me that I should call Comenity Bank and discuss this with them, as Synchrony could not remove information placed on my account through Comenity.

I asked her to mail me a copy of the report that she was looking at, and she said she would put in a request for that to occur.

My question is, if Comenity did, in fact, report this, why is it listed under SYNCB/PPC and not under Comenity, and why is it still being reported late in November? Also, my CreditKarma report shows this account's payment status as currently being 90-119 days late, again under Synchrony.

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on what I should do and how to handle this properly. More importantly, I hope this message did not ramble on without making sense.

4 REPLIES 4
BrighterFuture

Re: PayPal - Synchrony - Comenity?

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. If I dispute the fact that November is continuing to show 90 days late after it was paid off at the beginning of October, could this possibly come back and bite me in any way?

Message 2 of 5
BrighterFuture

Is it best to attempt the Goodwill Letter approach or file a dispute through Experian since I pay for their services?

Message 3 of 5
BrighterFuture

Bueller? .... Bueller? .... Anyone?

Message 4 of 5
BrighterFuture

I got my second letter today from Synchrony stating that they are reporting the payment history correctly. However, I have spoken to three supervisors who suggested that they needed to submit a claim to attempt to remove May, June, and November.

Once again, I was told that May and June were serviced by Comenity Bank, and I paid the account off in October, yet November is still being reported as late.

Is there anyone that can give me advice?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.