Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU building credit

tag
castor4072
Regular Contributor

NFCU building credit

So, quick question,  get a  secured CC with NFCU and then get upgraded to unsecured CC? Does anyone know if they upgrade CC? Or is that a whole new app after six months or so? JW

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU building credit

@castor4072 wrote:

So, quick question,  get a  secured CC with NFCU and then get upgraded to unsecured CC? Does anyone know if they upgrade CC? Or is that a whole new app after six months or so? JW

the nRewards is eligible for a 3 month CLI of ~$400 and can be graduated to a $2000 cashRewards at 6 months or later. 

it's not a whole new app, the card itself becomes a cashRewards, new account number but the same account/tradeline etc.

you could product change to the go rewards or more rewards once you graduate, no 12 month restriction there.

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 13
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

Mine is 11 months old still have not graduated. It went from $200 to $500 at the 4 month mark. 

Message 3 of 13
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@GZG wrote:

@castor4072 wrote:

the nRewards is eligible for a 3 month CLI of ~$400 and can be graduated to a $2000 cashRewards at 6 months or later. 

it's not a whole new app, the card itself becomes a cashRewards, new account number but the same account/tradeline etc.

you could product change to the go rewards or more rewards once you graduate, no 12 month restriction there.

exactly what occurred with me, then after my 13 discharged and 6 months since it graduated I used the app (softpull via the app) for a CLI and it bumped to $5K and I PC'd to Flagship 

Message 4 of 13
CardDon29
Established Member

Mine is 9 months old. My Equifax score went this month so hopefully it graduate next month.

Message 5 of 13
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@CardDon29 wrote:

Mine is 9 months old. My Equifax score went this month so hopefully it graduate next month.

@CardDon29  I am at 11 months and my score went up too so I am right here hoping and rooting for us both then! �

Message 6 of 13
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@CardDon29 wrote:

I am still trying to figure out when they do the graduation from secured if it's at statement cut or just randomly. I see the account review softpull on my Equifax every month around the 29th. My statement cuts on the 23rd.

Message 7 of 13
CardDon29
Established Member

Looks like my last pull was 4/2/24.

Message 8 of 13
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@butterpecan wrote:

@CardDon29 wrote:

I am still trying to figure out when they do the graduation from secured if it's at statement cut or just randomly. I see the account review softpull on my Equifax every month around the 29th. My statement cuts on the 23rd.

Statement Date or Day after if I recall correctly 

Message 9 of 13
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@Lurker22 wrote:

Statement Date or Day after if I recall correctly 

@Lurker22 Thanks, I look forward to that.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.