Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umbrella insurance

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: Umbrella insurance

Finally I got a personal umbrella policy from Mercury (2M liability, 1M underinsured motorist). To get this PUP, I needed to migrate my auto insurance to Mercury (250k/500k).

Not too many insurances left in California and the insurance rates are very crazy. I got auto insurance monthly rates from $200 to $600 and I needed to get one of these $200/m policies to get the PUP.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 31 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Finally I got a personal umbrella policy from Mercury (2M liability, 1M underinsured motorist). To get this PUP, I needed to migrate my auto insurance to Mercury (250k/500k).

Not too many insurances left in California and the insurance rates are very crazy. I got auto insurance monthly rates from $200 to $600 and I needed to get one of these $200/m policies to get the PUP.

My car insurance went up about 25%, not sure if this was due to an my-fault accident or not, but rates seem to go up a lot for everyone. However, the new rate is $450 PER YEAR.  When I saw other states costs, I found that MA has the lowest "real" insurance rates, basically cost over income, but that is obviously very low, even for a cheap Toyota.   Sorry for people elsewhere!

ETA: My at-fault accident was somewhat dramatic.    I was coming off the interstate, I was too far over and had to cross some lanes and there was obviously nothing in my way.  Well, till a huge truck appeared out of nowhere, or rather where it had always been, and hit me, or, as the driver said, I hit him.   I was spun around and ended up facing the wrong way on the interstate.   But all good, when the state police came, they decided there was less than $500 of damage (bumps on my car, a scratch on the bumper of the truck) and told us to talk to our insurance companies as that is why we paid them.   My guess is that it was a high speed collision with us both doing similar speeds.   But I was told by the police that I was very lucky.

Message 32 of 33
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker  you were lucky! Very lucky!!!

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.