Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSFS bank- magical HELOC experience

tag
Ziggy1983

WSFS bank- magical HELOC experience

I can't believe how painless this was.
I applied for a HELOC on 1/6/2024 with WSFS bank (NJ, PA, DE). They emailed me Tuesday 1/9 with a list of docs I needed to submit (W2, paystubs, mortgage statement, insurance declaration page, etc.) I sent the docs over that night. WSFS informed me they had already ordered a driveway appraisal so I might see someone taking photos of my house. I was expecting this process to be a nightmare as I do not own the land my house is on, it's not a manufactured house, it's a regular house. I was prepared for this to be an issue and I scanned all the docs related to my land lease and supplied them to WSFS. Much to my surprise they emailed me today 1/12 and said my loan has final approval, my property exceeded the value expected and I will get a call next week to schedule closing.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: WSFS bank- magical HELOC experience

Sounds like a breeze.  How long is your land lease for?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Ziggy1983

It's a 99 year renewal land lease. If I become immortal and outlive the land lease, I get another 99 years. I leave my house to my kid, they get 99 years.

Message 3 of 5
Skyrod74

Hey OP - Congrats on your swift HELOC approval! My spouse and I are in PA and looking for good local lender. Would you mind sharing some of your data points?  Did they do a Trimerge FICO? And was the drive by Appraisal in-line or higher than Zillow or Redfin? If you know. Thanks! 

Message 4 of 5
Wu-Credit
Contributor

Congratulations on the painless HELOC experience and thanks for sharing!

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.