cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay for delete only work for the dealing with the original agency that is owed money?

tag
Beledona
Regular Contributor

pay for delete only work for the dealing with the original agency that is owed money?

Does a PDF only work if you pay the orginal agency the amount owed or can a collection agency do a PDF too?

If this is the case should I send a cease contact letter to the collection agency to pay the orginal lender or agency?

I've read that if you send a cease contact letter that the collection agency will send it back to the orginal lender or agency.  (Bud Hibbs website)

Also, I've noticed that a few  of the accounts have be transferred to a different agency that is now trying to collect on the same bill.  How I know this is because it is the same amount. 
Which one if I paid,  would I pay it and how would the other agency know ?  How would I go about have the agency remove the collection because they transferred it to a third party?

Any info would be helpful  thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: pay for delete only work for the dealing with the original agency that is owed money?

Beledona wrote:
Does a PDF only work if you pay the orginal agency the amount owed or can a collection agency do a PDF too?

If this is the case should I send a cease contact letter to the collection agency to pay the orginal lender or agency?

I've read that if you send a cease contact letter that the collection agency will send it back to the orginal lender or agency.  (Bud Hibbs website)

Also, I've noticed that a few  of the accounts have be transferred to a different agency that is now trying to collect on the same bill.  How I know this is because it is the same amount. 
Which one if I paid,  would I pay it and how would the other agency know ?  How would I go about have the agency remove the collection because they transferred it to a third party?

Any info would be helpful  thanks

Nope.. a PFD can work for the OC or CA. Makes no difference. Try dealing with the OC first.. Don't be surprised if they blow you off and send you to the CA. Make sure you get everything in wrting from whomever agrees to delete. Also add a stipulation in the agreement that both TLs be deleted.
Message 2 of 18
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Re: pay for delete only work for the dealing with the original agency that is owed money?

Thank you.  Have you ever looked and bud hibbs I think that is his name, website?  I never knew there was so much online to do with improving your credit
Message 3 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep.. I have actually been involved with some of his articles. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 18
Beledona
Regular Contributor

How cool is that! 
Did you ever have issues with credit or are you one of the few that actually has kept it pretty good by being wise to begin with?

There have been several times in my life when I did have decent credit.  Now I am starting all over.
My plan is to do all that I can to improve my credit within the next year. 

Message 5 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Beledona wrote:
How cool is that! 
Did you ever have issues with credit or are you one of the few that actually has kept it pretty good by being wise to begin with?

There have been several times in my life when I did have decent credit.  Now I am starting all over.
My plan is to do all that I can to improve my credit within the next year. 

Funny you ask.. I was young and dumb once an well under 500 once upon a time.
Message 6 of 18
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I greatly appreciate your help with this.  

I no longer have youth on my side to allow anymore foolishness when it comes to my credit.

That letter was pretty cool as well.  Thanks for sending it so promptly.

Has this worked for many people?   IE. 1 out of 10?

I disputed something with Experian and I went from 509 to 500.
There was a tax lien that was my former spouses and it was somehow supposed to be mine too, I did dispute this (I did years ago too and had to show my divorce papers then) and it was from 1994 several years after my divorce it was paid by my former spouse in 1998, the state of MI doesnt even have it listed as mine and I provided experian with a copy of the release of Lien. This was March 28th.  They sent me a letter wanting a copy of my Drivers ID and also the addresses of the past 2 places I lived at as well as a copy of a  bill to prove where I live currently.  Experian is the only CRA that still shows this as my debt.  It list it as paid but it never was mine.

Message 7 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Beledona wrote:
I greatly appreciate your help with this.  

I no longer have youth on my side to allow anymore foolishness when it comes to my credit.

That letter was pretty cool as well.  Thanks for sending it so promptly.

Has this worked for many people?   IE. 1 out of 10?

I disputed something with Experian and I went from 509 to 500.
There was a tax lien that was my former spouses and it was somehow supposed to be mine too, I did dispute this (I did years ago too and had to show my divorce papers then) and it was from 1994 several years after my divorce it was paid by my former spouse in 1998, the state of MI doesnt even have it listed as mine and I provided experian with a copy of the release of Lien. This was March 28th.  They sent me a letter wanting a copy of my Drivers ID and also the addresses of the past 2 places I lived at as well as a copy of a  bill to prove where I live currently.  Experian is the only CRA that still shows this as my debt.  It list it as paid but it never was mine.

My pleasure. PFDs are usually successful. There is no harm in trying. Smiley Happy

Its a win win for both parties. They get their money, you keep your credit worthiness.

It sounds like EXP is willing to work with you. Just comply with their requests.
Message 8 of 18
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Yes, I made sure to send what was requested.  I think the sol is up anyways for the tax lien.  I did mention in my letter that no other cra has this on record.  I wonder if my fico will go up once this is taken off of my record? 

Once this nightmare is over I am going to ask a friend who has nearly perfect credit to put me on one of their accounts as an authorized user to help my credit score.  This was something Suzi Orman recommendation to do for your kids (if you have a good fico score) while they are young so by the time they graduate college they will have a history and a good fico.  Wow!  That is a really good idea.  But I am going to wait until I have more of the negative items off my record.  Hopefully in less than 2 years I will have a score I don't have to be embarrassed about.
Message 9 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Beledona wrote:
Yes, I made sure to send what was requested.  I think the sol is up anyways for the tax lien.  I did mention in my letter that no other cra has this on record.  I wonder if my fico will go up once this is taken off of my record? 

Once this nightmare is over I am going to ask a friend who has nearly perfect credit to put me on one of their accounts as an authorized user to help my credit score.  This was something Suzi Orman recommendation to do for your kids (if you have a good fico score) while they are young so by the time they graduate college they will have a history and a good fico.  Wow!  That is a really good idea.  But I am going to wait until I have more of the negative items off my record.  Hopefully in less than 2 years I will have a score I don't have to be embarrassed about.

Sounds like you are on the right track. And yes, piggypacking onto someone elses credit as an AU is a great way to build your own credit worthiness.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.