Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a local store card does not report your account, apparently you can add it

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When a local store card does not report your account, apparently you can add it

This is important to me as I have a relatively short credit history in the States, and one of my two old accounts (9 years) does not report to EX

According to an accredited Credit Counseling Agency:

http://knowdebt.org/index.php

Check each credit report for missing accounts.  A smaller or local creditor may not have reported your account information to a credit bureau.  If the information is positive, you can ask the bureau to add it to your report (for a fee) although it might not be updated.

Anyone heard of this or tried it?

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a local store card does not report your account, apparently you can add it

I am working on the same right now. Seem to be making some head way. I have several "Good" account not on EXP or Eq - This is why my TU is much higher.
Message 2 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: When a local store card does not report your account, apparently you can add it

I am in the same boat - one reason my EX is low is that accounts are young.

The store in question will be sending me a letter, so I will see what I can do.
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You can ask them to report... It shouldn't cost you anything.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get them to report it? Do you have to write them a letter or call them over the phone and request it?
Message 5 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Jay1987 wrote:
How do you get them to report it? Do you have to write them a letter or call them over the phone and request it?

Well, calling and emailing EX has got me nowhere except irrelevant automated responses  Smiley Very Happy

So when I get the letter from the store I will send a copy by snail mail (registered) and see what response I get.  I figure the whole process will take about 3 months.
Message 6 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You have to ask the creditor to report.. not the CRA.
Message 7 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am asking the store to send me a letter which I will send to EX.  The store only reports to TU and EQ at the moment
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.