Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna Lose TU Inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wanna Lose TU Inquiries?

@Kevin5974 wrote:
Folks, I do want to explain that I did have my identity stolen and THAT was why the fraud alert was placed. I just thought some of you would fine it interesting. I have seen no score decrease or increase and have yet to have situations regard my Credit Lines and/or approvals

Oh okay. Thanks for sharing the info. How many inquiries were deleted in all? Were they within the last 12 months?
Message 11 of 18
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Well I had about 35 inquiries that were spread out over 12-15 months as I was trying to purchase 2 vehicles and I'm sure there were some credit card inquiries in there. Typically they are falling off about 45 days after they hit. 

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you do daily pulls on TC are you sure that's not what is happening?
Message 13 of 18
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I do daily pulls but I also have a credit monitering service through my credit card and they send me a notice every time one drops off which is usually every 45 days or so and Transunion confirmed this

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevin5974 wrote:
Folks, I do want to explain that I did have my identity stolen and THAT was why the fraud alert was placed. I just thought some of you would fine it interesting. I have seen no score decrease or increase and have yet to have situations regard my Credit Lines and/or approvals

I find this very interesting. I've never seen what happens after someone triggered a fraud alert. :-)
Message 15 of 18
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

And for the record folks, I have opened numerous accounts since having these alert and have not once been contacted by either the credit bureaus or the credit issuing bank/lender. It really serves no purpose other than it may make something easier to dispute if it was fraud. I listed a phone number to be contacted before issuing credit or even running credit and not once have I been called. Better safe than sorry tho :-)

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting, so was Transunion your only credit report that was affected?
Message 17 of 18
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I actually filed with all 3 but Transunion was the only one that automatically did this. I disputed some fruadulent inquiries placed with Experian but it was hard to convince them. They were able to see no other TL used the address that was used on the inquiries and put in a dispute for those companies that ran an inquiry. That was just a couple weeks ago. My opinion, credit card companies are far too busy to investigate an inquiry and will more than likely just remove it. This may be the only way I've heard of to get inquiries investigated through the credit bureaus

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.