Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF letters on medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF letters on medical collections

I read the link that was posted about PDF letters as well as the other link concerning medical accounts.   Will a PDF letter not work for medical collections?   Am I better off to pay the initial provider with my letter about the HIPAA privacy information than trying to remove them with a PDF?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PDF letters on medical collections

Princessofpink, I have had great luck with my medical collections [3] by contacting the original creditor.  The CA's  were so mean and nasty, that I couldn't even talk with them, so I called the original creditor, asked if there was a balance still owed, paid whatever was owed [$50, $90 and $300] and they all agreed to accept the payment and pull the account from collections.  Now obviously, these collections were small amounts, so paying them was no big deal.  The reason for the collections was an insurance issue [actually an honest mistake].  I did explain this to the person at the billing office and they were so nice about it.  One even said to me that it was never the hospital's intention to have someone's credit marred, they just wanted their payment and were more than happy to get paid and remove the item...She even apologized for the situation.  Just my experience...good luck to you.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Dazed.  Do you know if it will hurt my chances with sending the PDF to the CA if I try with the OC first and that doesn't work?

Message Edited by princessofpink on 05-22-2007 05:41 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think so Pink.  If the OC won't work with you, then you'll have to work with the CA.  Just make sure to try to get the PFD.  I was just telling you my personal experience because it was easier for me to deal with the OC [they were much, much nicer].  Although, one CA was very nice and gave me a PFD automatically.  It was not a medical collection for that one, though. 

I mean, it can't hurt either way.  If the OC works with you, great.  If they don't, no harm no foul.  Just deal with the CA that is reporting.Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

And do some research on HIPPA and medical collections. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.