Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account after Credit Card chargeoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New account after Credit Card chargeoff

Quite some time ago I had a card that was charged off.  Cap1 bought the account and offered me a new card with the balance of the other account added on and raised the limit of credit for every so much dollars paid on the old balance.  The old balance on the card was completely paid off and the account was then sold to a new company.  Those good payments on the CAP1 card aren't listed on my CR at all.  The ones for the company that CAP1 sold to are listed.   Is there anyway to have CAP1 add the reporting of the good payments or because it was originally a collections account will it never list as positive?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New account after Credit Card chargeoff

Did you ask CAP1 to remove the old TL?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I didn't ask them to remove anything.   The old TL is listed on my CR as a paid charge off but the new account isn't listed at all.   What's the best way to get the TL added?

Message Edited by princessofpink on 05-23-2007 06:30 AM
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Call and ask them to remove the charge off and report the new account.. Or better yet.. have them remove all derogs and reopen the original so you do not lose age.. I doubt they will do this, but you can ask.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.