Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost Credit Cards

Hi, I lost my wallet, and I had to report my Citi, First Premier, and Macy's card lost. Will this hurt my credit score? They already sent me new cards....

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost Credit Cards

This happened to me a few years ago. They started a new trade line and moved the history over. The old tl was marked stolen and dropped off after about two years. I have seen a post or article about this somewhere.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

awww i need to apply for a car loan soon in about 2 months, this sounds like it will hurt my chances. anything i can do to aleviate this ?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost credit card: If there are no delinquencies, credit cards that are reported lost will continue to be listed for two years from the date the card is reported lost. Delinquent payments that occurred before the card was lost are reported for seven years.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=2689

it should not hurt your score much.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Na, don't worry a bit. As long as you canceled the cards you are all good. The new cards have duplicated history, they should not have done an inquiry to replace them. I don't see why your score would change at all. The replaced cards carry the age of the canceled cards so they should not even show up new. That's the whole beauty of credit cards is no liability.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it shouldn't affect my score AT ALL right? Or will I see SOME drop ?

Message Edited by disbejorge on 05-22-2007 08:33 PM
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

disbejorge wrote:
So it shouldn't affect my score AT ALL right? Or will I see SOME drop ?

Message Edited by disbejorge on 05-22-2007 08:33 PM

No affect on score.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.