cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs "FAKO"

tag
archinIL

FICO vs "FAKO"

Okay.... before knowing that some sites have credit scores that are totally made up so to say, I purchased the freecreditreport.com with all 3 scores and reports. Since then, was shopping around for a home loan, and was told that I only had two credit scores. And, another score was OVER 100 points lower than it was on freecreditreport.com. Is this normal? Also.... why would I have "no score" with a credit bureau???
Starting scores - apx 550 - mid 2010
EQ: 573 - 2/2012 (myfico.com)
622 - 6/2012 (myfico.com)
TU: 654 - 6/2012 (myfico.com)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO vs "FAKO"

Well how much history do you have?
Thats the first question.
Not every creditor will report to all credit agencies.
Example I have a 6k credit line from USA Direct or something some bs stuff that they talked me into keeping because they said it would help my credit to show I was approvded for 6k....well I didnt know they closed it...anyway what credit items do you have?

And Fakos can be over 100 points lower than the fico, I found this out a hard way too. Theres a little disclaimer that says they are used for educational purposes or "just an example of what your actual score could be"
These are the things I saw.

Now with that said, I still use my fako site bercause the monthly fee is only $4 for me and I like watching my report and stuff.

Now my fako w/ EX is 676, myFico reported it 648
Yes I was upset because this was my first time knowing about the fakos too, but I now have a goal of getting my Fako to say between 750->800 b4 I pull myFico again. Its cheaper and now I have a gauge as to what to "expect".
Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I use scorewatch because it is a real FICO.  I happen to be lucky that it has been traditionally the middle of my 3 FICO scores.  I plan of getting the other real scores as and when I think there is a need - after disputes are settled, after time drops things off etc.  I just did it all last week as a benchmark of my first round of disputes.  I will do it all again (for self and wife) late in the summer after the next round of disputes are settled and reported.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midnight can you look at some of my posts?
I just did them today and I plan on doing some disputing, I'm just not sure if it'll be worth my time to do so on some of the items I have

Because I want to do similar to what you are thinking
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.