Valued Member

Discover's Delinquency Rates Spike

Delinquency Rate.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover's Delinquency Rates Spike

Hopefully Cap1 hasn't settled on the purchase price yet although suspect Cap1 losses to look similar if overlayed as a percentage or most lenders for that matter.  

Message 2 of 13
FlaDude
Established Contributor

So is there any reason to believe that this is specific to Discover or are most lenders likely seeing the same?

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 3 of 13
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting. Interesting!

Message 4 of 13
TrapLine
Contributor

Some interesting posts. For purposes of science it would be insightful to know how other financials see the losses?

As an old customer of Discover (1986), I have found them to be there for the customers over the years and am saddened by what the future holds for them. In reading around a change in how they do business will likely be required to survive. As consumers it may affect our relationship with them.

For myself, there will be no migrating to Cap1. Eight years of their banking methology is all I will consume. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

So is there any reason to believe that this is specific to Discover or are most lenders likely seeing the same?

My guess would be that this probably tracks along with other issuers who have approval criteria being on the lax side.  I think all of them are up, just the ones with stricter criteriea are probably are a little lower.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 6 of 13
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

Lol, maybe it's because they've 4506c everyone to death and people are like forget it. They figure Cap1 is buying it and are generally forgiving 

Message 7 of 13
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

This 4506c,wa chu talk'in 'bout, Willis?

Message 8 of 13
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

I think that this has more to do with people holding on to too many cards (debt) during an extremely hard economy and not being able to maintain those cards. And the supposed merger.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I suspect this trend is affecting all banks / lenders, although as mentioned above sub-prime and lower tier lenders probably are harder hit.

Interest rates increases are likely a contributing factor also. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.