Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

targeted Discover offer: earn an extra 6% CB on Amazon.com

tag
DoppelgangerD
Contributor

Re: targeted Discover offer: earn an extra 6% CB on Amazon.com

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Good deal! I don't have a disco card. They don't seem to offer a bribe to take their card. I love subs.

They do offer double cash back as a bonus at the end of your first year, which is a potential $300 if you max out the 5% limit for each quarter.

Although, I have wondered if you could even cheat that, up to $375 by signing up in the middle of any given quarter, max out that quarter and the 3 that follow it, then you'd actually have a partial 5th quarter before the full year is up, and you could max that one out early.

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I never looked into it.

Personally I'm lucky to spend for maybe 50% of the potential cb earnings in a full year, because there are inevitably categories that I can't use, don't need, or just do better with other cards or programs, or just can't reach $500 of spend per month if I don't need to.

Message 11 of 17
Dilbert934
Contributor

@DoppelgangerD wrote:

Personally I'm lucky to spend for maybe 50% of the potential cb earnings in a full year, because there are inevitably categories that I can't use, don't need, or just do better with other cards or programs, or just can't reach $500 of spend per month if I don't need to.

I've maxed out restaurants by purchasing gift cards at the restaurant.  Surprisingly, I found out that gift card purchases at Gas Stations trigger the 5% rotating category in Q2.  Tried this with an Amazon gift card and got $1.25 back on a $25 gift card.  I'll be purchasing some restaurant cards and maybe some other categories that I don't get CB bonuses on to max it out at the end of the quarter.

Amex Skymiles ReserveAmex Skymiles PlatinumAmex Blue Cash PreferredAmex GoldAmex EverydayBank Of America Preferred RewardsChase FreedomChase Freedom UnlimitedDiscover Cash BackBP VisaLowesBest BuyTarget Red CardWF Jewelry AdvantageHome DepotWalmartSynchrony Car CareChevron (Since High School)PayPal Credit
Message 12 of 17
DoppelgangerD
Contributor

@Dilbert934 wrote:

@DoppelgangerD wrote:

I've maxed out restaurants by purchasing gift cards at the restaurant.  Surprisingly, I found out that gift card purchases at Gas Stations trigger the 5% rotating category in Q2.  Tried this with an Amazon gift card and got $1.25 back on a $25 gift card.  I'll be purchasing some restaurant cards and maybe some other categories that I don't get CB bonuses on to max it out at the end of the quarter.

Hmm, never thought about buying gift cards at the gas station.

I'll have to remember that.

Honestly though, I've gotten to the point that there's very little to spend money on that I don't get 5% cb+ on now, and while those gift card racks are huge, 70% of them are restaurant cards (which I am more than ok on restaurants with other cards) and 25% of them are cards I don't need/want.

I guess it's a good problem to have though.

Message 13 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I got the AMZN offer as well...

Message 14 of 17
Bestman79
Contributor

Hello Forums,

Here is the Discover offer I received.  I Wonder if there's any rhyme or reason as to who receives what offers or is it just at random. Either way these are all wonderful offers. Thanks Disco!

, you deserve to earn more Cashback Bonus®

Earn $100 extra cash back

When you activate this offer and spend at least $1,000 in new purchases by June 30, 2024.* It's in addition to your standard Discover® rewards!

TCL=$544K
Message 15 of 17
DoppelgangerD
Contributor

@Bestman79 wrote:

Hello Forums,

Here is the Discover offer I received.  I Wonder if there's any rhyme or reason as to who receives what offers or is it just at random. Either way these are all wonderful offers. Thanks Disco!

, you deserve to earn more Cashback Bonus®

Earn $100 extra cash back

When you activate this offer and spend at least $1,000 in new purchases by June 30, 2024.* It's in addition to your standard Discover® rewards!

in just 1 click! Offer only available through this email.

Wow, so you're basically getting 10% cashback on anything you want to buy! (As long as you spend $1k)

NICE!

Message 16 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Wu-Credit wrote:

Discover never sends me these Smiley Frustrated

Me either. Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.