Did you mean: 

Venmo Visa $200 SUB offer

tag
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: Venmo Visa $200 SUB offer

@Linnaea wrote:

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@flexin222It's more I don't want the score hit and an account to manage that I won't have a use case after the sub (not much of a churner) than it is the interest rate.  Being a rebuilder I've got high rates on all my cards lol.  I can get some prime cards now, but still generally get the highest rate they have.   The only rate I have below the 28% you referenced is my new Savor at 26.24%.  Fortunately it hasn't mattered since I've been PIF.

Congratulations on getting the offer! That's a great thing.   In regards to dating my Mom would say run away until you catch him! I guess it could be said in terms of credit as well!  Run away until you catch the better ones. 

Appears you have a nice rebuild with the cards in your signature.  It's got be nice that you are being courted so fervently.  Kudos for the offer and more Kudos for your restraint.  Many fold to easy.   More should be given accolades for their discipline. 

Without the comma after dating, all I can think of now is dating your Mom!  Smiley Tongue

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 11 of 18
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Thanks, good input. You like citi custom cash? I've been looking at that one. I've also read some positive comments on citi syw. Do you have any opinion on custom cash vs syw?

Different cards, different purposes.  I love them both.  Happy to answer any questions about them via PM if you'd like FMO.  Smiley Happy  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 12 of 18
Linnaea
Frequent Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@Linnaea wrote:

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@flexin222It's more I don't want the score hit and an account to manage that I won't have a use case after the sub (not much of a churner) than it is the interest rate.  Being a rebuilder I've got high rates on all my cards lol.  I can get some prime cards now, but still generally get the highest rate they have.   The only rate I have below the 28% you referenced is my new Savor at 26.24%.  Fortunately it hasn't mattered since I've been PIF.

Congratulations on getting the offer! That's a great thing.   In regards to dating my Mom would say run away until you catch him! I guess it could be said in terms of credit as well!  Run away until you catch the better ones. 

Appears you have a nice rebuild with the cards in your signature.  It's got be nice that you are being courted so fervently.  Kudos for the offer and more Kudos for your restraint.  Many fold to easy.   More should be given accolades for their discipline. 

Without the comma after dating, all I can think of now is dating your Mom!  Smiley Tongue

Love it. ❤️ 

Message 13 of 18
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I have been targeted for a while barely using my Venmo account.

I'd like to get the USB Cash + for 5% on Utilities but if I can't,  this might be an option at 3%.

IMG_8985.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg

@coldfusion wrote:

@FicoMike0 wrote:

This card is a 3% category card. Is there any reason to go with this vs a 5% category card?

There's no blanket answer but IMO most people would have a hard time coming up with a compelling reason to do so.

I did get a "You've been selected to apply" email from them yesterday but no mention of a SUB, just another DP pointing to the offer being targeted.

Message 14 of 18
DXness
New Contributor

They target me with this pretty much every time I login to Venmo...but I don't want the card, either.  It's not a bad SUB to churn, but that's the only thing I'd do with it.  The card isn't totally terrible, especially given that competition like the Custom Cash and Cash+ aren't the easiest things to get approved for during an earlier stage rebuild, but there are better options for later stage rebuilders.

__

Rebuilding, FICO 8s as of February 2024:

Message 15 of 18
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@NoMoreE46 How often do you use Venmo?  I use it monthly to pay my rent/utilities (utilities are in my landlord's name and they're a close friend), but otherwise only if I need to pay a friend back for a meal, concert ticket etc.  I try and be the one purchasing in those cases whenever  possible though.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 16 of 18
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Maybe 5 times annually?

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@NoMoreE46 How often do you use Venmo?  I use it monthly to pay my rent/utilities (utilities are in my landlord's name and they're a close friend), but otherwise only if I need to pay a friend back for a meal, concert ticket etc.  I try and be the one purchasing in those cases whenever  possible though.

Message 17 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

For me the cool part about this card is it earns 3% in-store at Walmart and Sam's Club (both code as grocery), and that's without having to fiddle around with mobile apps.  For those occasions when I get tires at Sam's Club it really comes in handy, since you can't use "Scan and Go" to pay for tires (which is the BCE and BoA CCR work-around).

I agree that 5% is better, but since I don't have the AAA Visa (for WM) this is the next best thing, LOL.  My WM spend isn't significant enough to justify an app for the AAA Visa at this time.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.