Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage West Credit Union

tag
Zosimus
Regular Contributor

Re: Vantage West Credit Union

Fortunately for me, I live in Yavapai county, so showing up in person was not challenging. It took me about an hour to make it to the nearest branch.

You know, membership is available to people who volunteer in Maricopa county. I believe that Valley of the Sun United Way allows virtual volunteer work, and it is located in Phoenix. I haven't tried it, but perhaps some adventurous soul will take the plunge.

Message 21 of 34
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

So, what do they mean by "Combine this with a  Rewards Checking Account for points on top of points."?

That would make me think that just having the Rewards Checking increases your Connect Reward Visa's CB point earning.  But I suspect they are just referring to the 1 point per $5 spend that the checking debit card earns?  

https://vantagewest.org/personal/credit-cards/

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 22 of 34
Cnajem615
New Visitor

Could you refer me by chance? 

Message 23 of 34
Zosimus
Regular Contributor

Of course! I've sent you the information by private message.

Message 24 of 34
tiniwings
Established Member

Hello, can someone please provide me a referral? I would like to try my luck.

Thanks

Message 25 of 34
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@tiniwings wrote:

Hello, can someone please provide me a referral? I would like to try my luck.

Thanks

Before you try, I just want to report a DP that I was denied yesterday for being out of geofence despite applying with a referral.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 26 of 34
tiniwings
Established Member

Oh! That's a bummer. Did you get a chance to check if there is any chance of recon?

Thanks for letting us know your DP. 

Message 27 of 34
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@tiniwings wrote:

Oh! That's a bummer. Did you get a chance to check if there is any chance of recon?

I'll have to call on Monday and let you know.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 28 of 34
BunsenB

@Wu-Credit wrote:

@tiniwings wrote:

@Wu-Creditdo you happen to have an update on this? I contacted live chat asking if referrals need to live within the service area and the live chat rep said that they do. My plan was to establish a checking/savings account first before applying for the card later as I am currently gardening but doesn't seem like I can now.

If anyone has info stating otherwise or it requires an application, phone call, etc. please let me know. Thanks.

Message 29 of 34
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@BunsenB wrote:

@Wu-Credit wrote:

@tiniwings wrote:

@Wu-Creditdo you happen to have an update on this? I contacted live chat asking if referrals need to live within the service area and the live chat rep said that they do. My plan was to establish a checking/savings account first before applying for the card later as I am currently gardening but doesn't seem like I can now.

If anyone has info stating otherwise or it requires an application, phone call, etc. please let me know. Thanks.

Yes, sorry I forgot to update. I was told I need to live, work, or be part of an organization in their area.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.