Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage West Credit Union

tag
Zosimus
Regular Contributor

Vantage West Credit Union

VantageWest has launched a refer-a-friend program (details at https://vantagewest.org/refer-friend-program/ ). I have been told that people who are referred by a "friend" are eligible for membership even if they do not meet Vantage West's normal membership requirements. I do not guarantee that this is the case. That's just what I was told.

Vantage West credit cards give 5% back on the category of your choice, 3% back on gas, 2% back on groceries, and 1% on everything else. I believe they also have a 6-month 0% APR introductory period. No application fee. No annual fee. No cash advance fee. No balance transfer fees.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Vantage West Credit Union

Does "even if they do not meet Vantage West's normal membership requirements" include an override of their georestriction? 

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 34
Zosimus
Regular Contributor

I asked whether the person needed to live or work in Maricopa County, AZ. I was told "no."

Message 3 of 34
DakotaM
Regular Contributor

It looks like they are only accepting referrals in-branch right now and a trip to Arizona is not in my upcoming plans, unfortunately 😑.  And I was going to try to become your "friend" 😉!

Workers-Credit-UnionWorkers-Credit-Union

Message 4 of 34
Zosimus
Regular Contributor

@DakotaM wrote:

It looks like they are only accepting referrals in-branch right now and a trip to Arizona is not in my upcoming plans, unfortunately 😑.  And I was going to try to become your "friend" 😉!

Too bad. Oh well.

Message 5 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Having enough trouble getting in with them when I had my mom join to get me in as she lives in Maricopa county like I use to.. Unable to verify identity BS.  Need to make a trip out there and do it in branch as eligible even before this, they just want to be difficult.

Message 6 of 34
Zosimus
Regular Contributor

I had problems too. I don't live in Maricopa County, so I told them I worshipped at the Mormon temple there. They refused to do it over the phone, so I showed up and got it done.

Message 7 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Zosimus wrote:

VantageWest has launched a refer-a-friend program (details at https://vantagewest.org/refer-friend-program/ ). I have been told that people who are referred by a "friend" are eligible for membership even if they do not meet Vantage West's normal membership requirements. I do not guarantee that this is the case. That's just what I was told.

Vantage West credit cards give 5% back on the category of your choice, 3% back on gas, 2% back on groceries, and 1% on everything else. I believe they also have a 6-month 0% APR introductory period. No application fee. No annual fee. No cash advance fee. No balance transfer fees.

It's a great credit union in my book. I got in during the window when it was not geofenced.  Too bad they put the fence back up.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 8 of 34
TomWB
New Contributor

I checked out the link. It says at the bottom "Have your friend stop by a branch or open an account online". When I proceed with a new application, there is this option "I want to become a new Vantage West Credit Union Member, but I do not meet the criteria above. I understand that my eligibility will need to be reviewed."

I don't see anyone mention this on the forum. Is the online referral newly added? Might be a good time for me to make some new friends Smiley Wink

Credit Cards:

P2:

Closed Credit Cards:
Message 9 of 34
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

https://vantagewest.org/personal/credit-cards/connect-rewards-visa/

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.