Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Decreased My Credit Limit

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony Decreased My Credit Limit

first of all.. I don't think that AZEO has been proven lol

some of yall are crazier than Aunt Nancy.

To avoid further adverse action (AA) I would CLOSE the Venmo account bc what will likely happen.. is that they will keep lowering the Credit Limit every month you make a payment and maybe close it themselves.

Your score won't go down if you have an account denoted with the "account closed by credit grantor" which is HIGHLY likely to happen with what we call "balance chasing" that they are doing to you @PhilL  on your Venmo card, BUT if the creditor does close the card, other banks will see it on your report again even if it has no impact on your score directly.. and Synchrony could use it as a reason for future credit denials by saying "previous account canceled by creditor"

and some banks could also use that excuse in the future if it gets there.

This happened to me with **bleep**ibank and I was only using 50% of the limit on a balance transfer, and as soon as they CLD from 10k to 5K, I closed the **bleep** account.

later on when I applied for Simplicity with a 720 FICO low DTI, etc they denied me for "previous adverse action on internal credit account" or something stupid something like that.

if you have other synchrony cards, you better up that minimum payment too. When it comes to min payments, always try to have a goal .. like pay off in 12 months, 24 months or  6 months whatever... and make that payment amount. never ever ever just make the minimum. 

Sometimes too banks will credit you back a month of interest, all you gotta do is ask. 

good luck and please close that account before they do and make your credit report with that awful ugly "closed by credit grantor" note lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 22
Abrock39
New Visitor

Re: Synchrony Decreased My Credit Limit

Synchrony lowered my credit limit on my Verizon Visa from 1200 to 250. I'm really surprised considering I've never been late and over the past 5 months have paid the entire balance off every month. I'm worried my Venmo card is next and I carry a high balance on that. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.