Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

tag
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

@hdporter wrote:

That is the SYW card not the Sears card.  As I said, I'm not sure the Sears logo was ever on the SYW card.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my Sears card was replaced by the SYW card (citing that I had not been actively using my Sears card.  I received a mailer telling me that they intended to swap cards; I could opt out if I wanted).

If your Sears card happens to be grandfathered in to earning/redeeming actual citi TYPs (redeemable for cash), as opposed to SYW or similar points (redeemable for gift cards), I'd keep it!  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 81 of 525
Bockrocker
Regular Contributor

Another 30% back offer this month:

https://ibb.co/hfWwL8j

Message 82 of 525
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Bockrocker wrote:

If I were good with Photoshop I'd have some fun and change the "Shop Your Way" to "Thank You Points" for a laugh.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 83 of 525
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

@Bockrocker wrote:

Not sure why I only get low offers that is not worth to spend time on them. I got 10% on groceries/restaurant, if I spend $800 in each month in the next three months, with a maximum of $90 return per month. For the moment, I use my 5% cards that do not have conditions...

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 84 of 525
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

@Bockrocker wrote:

Not sure why I only get low offers that is not worth to spend time on them. I got 10% on groceries/restaurant, if I spend $800 in each month in the next three months, with a maximum of $90 return per month. For the moment, I use my 5% cards that do not have conditions...

That unfortunately is how it goes.  I can meet an $800/month gas/grocery/restaurant spend organically but when they extend me an offer with mininum spend above that I just enroll then put he card aside in favor of others for that spend.  I still enroll for offers even if I know I'm not going to even attempt to meet their mininum spend on the hope that they mine the data and adjust my later offer thresholds accordingly. 

(5/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 85 of 525
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Bockrocker wrote:

That is amazing!  $225 in points for $750 on-line spend?  ~30% CB????  Astounding!  The only thing I have is $50 statement credit for $750 online spend.  6.667 CB.  I don't typically spend $750 in a month in on-line only so I just activate it and don't use it.  If I was offered $225 for $750 on-line spend?  You can bet your bottom dollar I'd find some things to buy for $750, lol.    

I'm not using my SYW card this quarter.  First time not using it since I got it.  Smiley Sad  I was super bummed I didn't get the 10% statement credit for gas groc dine.  :cry:   I'm hoping by not using it, I am sending them a message and they'll give me more usable offers next month?  Who knows?        

No hope:
Message 86 of 525
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Latest offer:  10X bonus TYP (11 TYP/$ net) on utility purchases of $450 or more made each month up to a maxinum of 5,000 bonus TYP for August through October.  I'll have to work through the math but my best bet may be to pay exactly $500/month against my National Grid bill for the next 3 months which should carry me pretty far through the upcoming heating season up here in Boston.

(5/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 87 of 525
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Finally!  After a little dry spell there of no (useful, for me) offers from SYW, I got this.  I'll take a free, easy $150!  Smiley Happy

Up to $50 back ($500 spend) per month on Utilities from Aug through Oct.  

ptatohed,
activate this offer and you can earn
10%
back in statement credits
on total eligible utilities purchases of $450 or more made each month (up to a maximum total of $50 in statement credit(s) each month) using your Shop Your Way Mastercard from 8/1/2023 (or the date you activate this offer, whichever is later) through 10/31/2023.1
No hope:
Message 88 of 525
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Finally!  After a little dry spell there of no (useful, for me) offers from SYW, I got this.  I'll take a free, easy $150!  Smiley Happy

ptatohed,
10%
on total eligible utilities purchases of $450 or more made each month (up to a maximum total of $50 in statement credit(s) each month) using your Shop Your Way Mastercard from 8/1/2023 (or the date you activate this offer, whichever is later) through 10/31/2023.1

Do you actually spend $450 per month on utilities in the warm weather months? I don't come close to that.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 89 of 525
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

ptatohed,
10%

Do you actually spend $450 per month on utilities in the warm weather months? I don't come close to that.

My wife pays the bills, lol, but I 'think' between water, gas, electric, and trash, yes.  I may need to break up the spending over a few/several purveyors but I think we can reach that.  Even if I have to pre-pay for future months, I will.  

No hope:
Message 90 of 525
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.