Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

tag
willxmr2
New Visitor

Re: I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

Is this card still available for new applications? 

Message 71 of 524
cauerit

Very much so. 

Message 72 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@willxmr2 wrote:

Absolutely.  None of us know how long this lucrative "Sears" card will last, so I'd jump on your board and surf the wave as long as you can. 

I'm going to do the actual arithmetic one of these days but I know I have received well more than $1,000 CB and I haven't even had her a year yet.  And that's not even including the generous $225 intro offer.  My largest CC source of CB.  

https://www.shopyourway.com/credithub/overview

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 73 of 524
willxmr2
New Visitor

The quarterly offers are targeted and not guaranteed though, correct? I was just approved for the Redstone FCU Visa Sig card last month but have seen people raving about this card as well. 

Message 74 of 524
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@willxmr2 wrote:

Absolutely.  None of us know how long this lucrative "Sears" card will last, so I'd jump on your board and surf the wave as long as you can. 

I'm going to do the actual arithmetic one of these days but I know I have received well more than $1,000 CB and I haven't even had her a year yet.  And that's not even including the generous $225 intro offer.  My largest CC source of CB.  

I mean Sears and Kmart are both essentially dead in the water besides very very few locations. To my understanding originally you could only use SYW points at those stores but several years ago they added gift card options. Citi knows that Sears/Kmart time is extremely limited yet are still offering a welcome bonus on this card. Makes me think they plan on keeping it around even after Sears/Kmart goes from death's doorstep to actual death. I would think this is why they are ditched any type of Sears branding on the card.  

Message 75 of 524
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

@willxmr2 wrote:

I mean Sears and Kmart are both essentially dead in the water besides very very few locations. To my understanding originally you could only use SYW points at those stores but several years ago they added gift card options. Citi knows that Sears/Kmart time is extremely limited yet are still offering a welcome bonus on this card. Makes me think they plan on keeping it around even after Sears/Kmart goes from death's doorstep to actual death. I would think this is why they are ditched any type of Sears branding on the card.  

Not sure what you mean by their having ditched Sears branding on the card, for example my recently-refreshed TYP earner looks like the light blue card in the picture below with the Sears logo in the upper left.

image.png

I just got my gas/grocery/restaurant offer for July-September, 8,000 bonus TYP for $700 spend in each month.  Including the standard 1 TYP back that works out to a potential net of just over 12.4% cashback.  I can meet $700/month with normal organic spend.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 76 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

@willxmr2 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by their having ditched Sears branding on the card, for example my recently-refreshed TYP earner looks like the light blue card in the picture below with the Sears logo in the upper left.

image.png

I just got my gas/grocery/restaurant offer for July-September, 8,000 bonus TYP for $700 spend in each month.  Including the standard 1 TYP back that works out to a potential net of just over 12.4% cashback.  I can meet $700/month with normal organic spend.

cf, I assume KTG was referring to the SYW card which makes zero reference at all to Sears on the card.  But, then again, I don't know that the SYW card ever did.  ?

You lucky Sonna-B!  I look every day and, so far, no Q3 gas/groc/dine for me yet!  It better come soon, I want to keep getting $80-90 per month for organic spend!  lol

No hope:
Message 77 of 524
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion @KillingThemGingerly 

The card has been changed the Sears logo is not there any more. See link below

https://www.sears.com/en_us/hybrid/citi-card-apply-now.html?adcell=HNCCApplyNow 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 78 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

@coldfusion @KillingThemGingerly 

The card has been changed the Sears logo is not there any more. See link below

https://www.sears.com/en_us/hybrid/citi-card-apply-now.html?adcell=HNCCApplyNow 

That is the SYW card not the Sears card.  As I said, I'm not sure the Sears logo was ever on the SYW card.

capture.jpg

No hope:
Message 79 of 524
hdporter
Regular Contributor

That is the SYW card not the Sears card.  As I said, I'm not sure the Sears logo was ever on the SYW card.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my Sears card was replaced by the SYW card (citing that I had not been actively using my Sears card.  I received a mailer telling me that they intended to swap cards; I could opt out if I wanted).

Message 80 of 524
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.