Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

The only cost that I can provide in this month on online shopping is groceries (via Instacart). So, it will not make it.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 61 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

The only cost that I can provide in this month on online shopping is groceries (via Instacart). So, it will not make it.

Yes but if you shop with the Shop Your Way app, that might meet one of the missions, giving you a free/easy $3 or $10 in points.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 62 of 524
hdporter
Regular Contributor

So, the targeted promotion on which I'm focussed earns 40,000 bonus SYW points for each month's $200 spend on the card, during the period Mar 1 - Dec 31.  While in the form of SYW points rather than a statement credit, that 's still a 20% rebate offer on up to $2000 spend in my book!

Interestingly, the restrictions on qualifying purchases are less severe than the "online purchases" offer that's been discussed.

Message 63 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@hdporter wrote:

So, the targeted promotion on which I'm focussed earns 40,000 bonus SYW points for each month's $200 spend on the card, during the period Mar 1 - Dec 31.  While in the form of SYW points rather than a statement credit, that 's still a 20% rebate offer on up to $2000 spend in my book!

Interestingly, the restrictions on qualifying purchases are less severe than the "online purchases" offer that's been discussed.

That's a great one.  No spending category restrictions, easy to meet, 10 months in a row, and I suspect this will stack with any other offers you get over the next 10 months.  Easy $400.  Good for you.  And that's on top of your regular 5%/3%/1% back spend.  

No hope:
Message 64 of 524
Bockrocker
Regular Contributor

Opened this card in March/April.  Already got an offer for 0% through June 2024, now this:

Citi Shop Your Way offer: 225,000 points for $750 online spend (30% cashback)

https://ibb.co/f9vm72w

Message 65 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Bockrocker wrote:

Opened this card in March/April.  Already got an offer for 0% through June 2024, now this:

Citi Shop Your Way offer: 225,000 points for $750 online spend (30% cashback)

https://ibb.co/f9vm72w

Nice.  Much better than my mid-month online offer.  I just received an offer for $50 statement credit with $750 online spend.  I always let these online ones go as I don't have $750 of spend exclusively online.  But offer me $225 to spend $750 online?  I'd find a way!  lol

I also have a spend $800 on home improvements, get 10% credit per month, this quarter.  Skip that one. 

But the 10% gas/groc/dine $800/mo spend - hit it every month.  Smiley Very Happy  

No hope:
Message 66 of 524
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@hdporter wrote:

That's a great one.  No spending category restrictions, easy to meet, 10 months in a row, and I suspect this will stack with any other offers you get over the next 10 months.  Easy $400.  Good for you.  And that's on top of your regular 5%/3%/1% back spend.  

I just caught this post, can confirm that offers do stack, I've had purchases qualify against the spend requirement for 3 different overlapping promos.

My latest promo which came today is for 7,500 bonus TYP for $750 online spend made through 7/14.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 67 of 524
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I just closed my card.

It wasn't for me:

1. I don't have the patience for gift cards.

2. When you use gift cards you lose the rewards you would have received were you paying with a card.

3. The only offer I got was useless to me because it required $1000 in online purchases in a 30 day period, for which I had no need.

4. I found the website servers to be too weak. Seemed to be down half the time.

The only thing I really liked about the card was that they made it easy to close it.

Since the only reward was points for gift cards, I didn't want to sockdrawer the card and use it for the occasional small purchases, and then disturb my few remaining brain cells over how to use the points.

Since I had zero use for the card, it didn't seem worth it to keep it open. I don't think it's safe to have a totally unused card without checking in on the website from time to time, and this one didn't seem like it was worth the trouble.

Funny how different people can have totally different perspectives on the same card, due to their differing lifestyles and preferences.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 68 of 524
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I just closed my card.

It wasn't for me:

1. I don't have the patience for gift cards.

2. When you use gift cards you lose the rewards you would have received were you paying with a card.

3. The only offer I got was useless to me because it required $1000 in online purchases in a 30 day period, for which I had no need.

4. I found the website servers to be too weak. Seemed to be down half the time.

The only thing I really liked about the card was that they made it easy to close it.

Since the only reward was points for gift cards, I didn't want to sockdrawer the card and use it for the occasional small purchases, and then disturb my few remaining brain cells over how to use the points.

Since I had zero use for the card, it didn't seem worth it to keep it open. I don't think it's safe to have a totally unused card without checking in on the website from time to time, and this one didn't seem like it was worth the trouble.

Funny how different people can have totally different perspectives on the same card, due to their differing lifestyles and preferences.

@SouthJamaica,

Good for youSmiley Happy

If it don't work ...close it!

I find Gift cards to be a real PITA.

I am with you on the losing rewards part.

I once had over 50 gift cards, I mostly gave them away as gifts to other peopleSmiley Very Happy

The worst part was trying to figure out what was left on themSmiley Tongue I have enough to manage ..and then some.

Message 69 of 524
Bockrocker
Regular Contributor

You don't have to stress about gift card rewards anymore because they offer visa prepaid.  You can cash it out at exact change and then call the Citi number and use it to make a payment (no opportunity cost).  The SYW mission points are only good for 30 days though so you have to cash out every month if you complete one.

Message 70 of 524
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.