Did you mean: 

I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

@ptatohed wrote:

I don't know if it's fair to add in the SYW app savings because it is not entirerly linked to the SYW card, but the savings shouldn't be dismissed either.  The missions vary from month to month but April's was a nice $10 in SYW points for $100 min spend with a decently long list of retailers to spend at.  I chose WM and placed a regular WM+ grocery delivery order.  Within a few days, got my points.  The SYW points earned through the app are pooled with the SYW points earned when using the SYW MC.  And, since I use the SYW app to shop, I get an extra 2.1% in points.  And, since the SYW app lets you use any credit card you have linked to pay, I still use my Cap1 WM card for 5%.  On this last $100 WM+ order, I essentially got 17.2% back.  Even, with no missions, I get 7.2% when shopping at WM online every time.  

Absolutely fair to mention just in its own right especially since it shares the same rewards program as the SYW card.   It's somewhat analogous to having a MR-earning Rakuten account and leveraging the Rakuten plugin to make online purchases from a participating website using an MR-earning AMEX card.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 51 of 524
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

After SUB achievement, I continued to use the card as before for a few weeks and it looks like it became eligible to receive the spending offers now as I got my first spending offer today (1k spend on online purchases over a month and receive $70).

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 52 of 524
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Well @ptatohed I can see what you mean about this card. I just got my first offer, and it's a doozy.

275,000 points if I make $1k in online purchases during the next 30 days.

That's incredible. A 27.5% return, not counting the regular rewards.

Too bad there's no way on earth I could be making $1k in online purchases during the next 30 days.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 53 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Well @ptatohed I can see what you mean about this card. I just got my first offer, and it's a doozy.

275,000 points if I make $1k in online purchases during the next 30 days.

That's incredible. A 27.5% return, not counting the regular rewards.

Too bad there's no way on earth I could be making $1k in online purchases during the next 30 days.

Interesting SJ, my offers are usually worded in terms of % statement credit, rarely in "points".  Yeah, I hear you, as nice of a % back as those online offers are, they are too restrictive when limiting the purchases to online only and, I agree, too difficult to achieve in a regular month (without some planned, big online purchase).  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 54 of 524
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Just received this and as much as I'd love 6.67% CB, not sure I have $750 of online spend to do in the next 30 days.  Sigh

[But I am meeting and enjoying the quarterly 10% CB with $700 - $900 spend in gas/groc/dine ea month for Q1 and Q2 '23 Smiley Very Happy ]

capture.jpg

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 55 of 524
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Indeed, it is interesting to see that while the spending offers are on the same topic (online purchases) on three users, the conditions and the bonuses are different. Btw, I do not see also anyway to spend 1k on online purchases over a single month now (excluding bills/subscriptions).

The recent "Lower-than-expected retail sales" reports unfortunately may raise recession probability. So, some realistic and useful offers by the credit cards might eventually help the consumers to purchase more and it may help to navigate the economy in a better way through very turbulent financial times like now.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 56 of 524
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Having multiple versions of the same offer in play at the same time is nothing new.   A classic example has been 1 specific variant of the gas/grocery/restaurant promotions that they keep recyclilng.    Some offers extended would have a mininum threshold of $300 spend each calendar month to qualify for that month's bonus while other cardholders would get offers tied to thresholds of $500, $800, $1200, or $2000 in combined spend.  

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 57 of 524
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Just received this and as much as I'd love 6.67% CB, not sure I have $750 of online spend to do in the next 30 days.  Sigh

[But I am meeting and enjoying the quarterly 10% CB with $700 - $900 spend in gas/groc/dine ea month for Q1 and Q2 '23 Smiley Very Happy ]

capture.jpg

Weird that they gave me a 27.5% offer, while they gave you only a 6.7% offer. Especially since you're they're biggest fan and I'm their biggest hater Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 524
hdporter
Regular Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Consider prepaying your insurance online ...

Message 59 of 524
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@hdporter wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

Consider prepaying your insurance online ...

That does not qualify. Payments like that are expressly excluded from the offer:

Eligible online purchases are those made via a computer network but not all online transactions will be considered an eligible online purchase. Eligible online purchases do not include the following types of purchases in the following categories: subscription, membership or recurring purchases; utilities, cable/satellite and telephone; insurance; medical and healthcare providers; government services, taxes and tolls; education, including schools or other teaching institutions; contractor, professional, financial, legal, personal and business services; repair services, direct marketing; purchases that are manually keyed by a merchant; or online purchases made through mobile/wireless technology depending on how the technology is set up to process the purchase.

Message 60 of 524
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.