Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

tag
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

Re: Are promotions like this common? Raise.com and Shop Your Way

Good points, a few quick things:

1. Bummer, sorry you are not seeing the promotion.
  2. Just in case anyone else is skimming this: this promotion is temporary, not sure whether it is recurring.
  3. As you say, when you go to redeem your points, the gift cards are not discounted. Also, the selection is different than on "normal" raise.com (doesn't seem to include my go-tos, actually).
Message 41 of 529
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@TyrannicalDuncery wrote:

I just saw this promotion, where SYW gives 10% on (some) Raise.com purchases: https://www.shopyourway.com/news/get-10-off-your-total-gift-card-purchase

Do they often offer cash back on gift card purchases? I was hoping maybe they do, since they seem connected to Raise.com in some way based on this: https://help.shopyourway.com/hc/en-us/articles/4423052712973-How-do-I-REDEEM-MY-POINTS-

Thoughts?

Ok, I got around to trying this again tonight.  For some reason, I thought the offer was to buy gift cards with your SYW points.  No, you still pay with your SYW card, but you do get 10% instant off.  I tested it with a $50 amazon card (no it was not discounted, I just wanted to pick a retailer I knew I could spend quickly and easily).  So, I got 10% ($5) off using my SYW card.  Pretty cool!  I also earned 900 SYW points (or 90 cents, or 2%) which I didn't expect because I thought the 2% category was only Sears and K-Mart.  I thought I would get 1%.  So, that's good to know that raise.com counts as a 'Shop Your Way merchant' for 2% back. 

Actually, I missed that 'Edit' next to the Shop Your Way points.  So maybe you can pay with your points.  Darn, now I have another test purchase to make, lol.  Ok, I'll try tomorrow, it's after 1am.  Smiley Happy  

Capture.JPG

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 42 of 529
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Ok, I had to try.  Grabbed another $50 amazon card.  Yes, you can pay with SYW points.  This is awesome!  

Capture.JPG

No hope:
Message 43 of 529
Bockrocker
Regular Contributor

I finally gave in an applied last week, still awaiting the card itself.  But I came here for something much more important.

Per a recent DoC post you can now redeem the SYW points for a visa egift card, and at least one commenter has said it works to make a payment to the card by phone.

Message 44 of 529
cauerit

Re: I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

Just when I thought I was going to sock drawer this card for a bit, they come through with yet another bonus offer email.  10% cash back on gas, restaurants, and groceries on $700-$800 spend.  This will be 3 quarters straight for me.  Honestly all they need to do is support mobile wallet like Google Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung pay and we're golden.

Message 45 of 529
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@cauerit wrote:

Just when I thought I was going to sock drawer this card for a bit, they come through with yet another bonus offer email.  10% cash back on gas, restaurants, and groceries on $700-$800 spend.  This will be 3 quarters straight for me.  Honestly all they need to do is support mobile wallet like Google Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung pay and we're golden.

I  am planning to sock drawer mine.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 46 of 529
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I can't stop loving this card and, good golly, it has basically eliminated my 5% rotators and brought me and mrs. p. down to (almost) a 2-card family.  SYW for gas/groc/dine and AOD for non-cat (yeah, ok, with still the usual 5% Target, Lowe's, WM online, etc., lol.)   But 'almost' 2 cards, lol.  Smiley Very Happy  

capture.jpg

No hope:
Message 47 of 529
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I did not receive spending offers yet, while I got a 0% APR offer for a year Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 48 of 529
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

I did not receive spending offers yet, while I got a 0% APR offer for a year Smiley Happy

Have patience.

IME Citi follows 2 different cadences depending on whether the promotional offer is for a 1 month period or a 3 month period. 

3 month offers aren't aligned with calendar quarter and  go live of the 1st of the month.  You can receive them either late in the month before the offer goes live or early in the 1st month that the offer has gone live.  Note that only spend made after the offer is activated counts toward the promotion.    Gas/grocery/restaurant offers are generally 3 month offers with a mininum spend threshold and maxinum spend cap for each calendar month of the promotion.   Missing a spend requirement for a given calendar month does not make you ineligible to earn the bonus for the next month. 

1 month offers generally run from the 15th of the current month through the 14th of the next month and I usually get those offers somewhere around the 10th +/- of the current month.    The offers can vary but some of the ones I've received have been for travel spend, online spend,  electronics gear spend, and sometimes unstructured spend, and these usually just have a mininum (for me $500, but YMMV) spend threshold to qualify for the bonus. 

Just to give a data point on how valuable the card can be Citi just sent me a corrected summary for my earnings in Q4 2022  and a few seconds with a calculator shows my net cashback for the quarter was just over 13.2%.  

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 49 of 529
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I don't know if it's fair to add in the SYW app savings because it is not entirerly linked to the SYW card, but the savings shouldn't be dismissed either.  The missions vary from month to month but April's was a nice $10 in SYW points for $100 min spend with a decently long list of retailers to spend at.  I chose WM and placed a regular WM+ grocery delivery order.  Within a few days, got my points.  The SYW points earned through the app are pooled with the SYW points earned when using the SYW MC.  And, since I use the SYW app to shop, I get an extra 2.1% in points.  And, since the SYW app lets you use any credit card you have linked to pay, I still use my Cap1 WM card for 5%.  On this last $100 WM+ order, I essentially got 17.2% back.  Even, with no missions, I get 7.2% when shopping at WM online every time.  

No hope:
Message 50 of 529
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.