I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm just loving this SYW card. 10% CB gas, dining, grocery Q1 '23

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@SouthJamaica 

Once again @ptatohed got me into trouble by inspiring me to apply for a credit card. This time it was the Citi Shop Your Way card. And I was approved, with a $3k SL. I'm going to have to start avoiding posts by @ptatohed  Smiley Happy

LOL.jpg

@SouthJamaica wrote:
My goals are to pay down balances and refrain from adding new accounts

Well we don't always accomplish our goals  I refrained for 1 1/2 days. Doesn't that count for anything?

I realize goals can change, and this was merely a PSA so that when you respond to others who may need advice and you reply with 'not to apply for any more cards' that 'we walk the talk', that's all 😁

Message 11 of 525
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@SouthJamaica 

Once again @ptatohed got me into trouble by inspiring me to apply for a credit card. This time it was the Citi Shop Your Way card. And I was approved, with a $3k SL. I'm going to have to start avoiding posts by @ptatohed  Smiley Happy

LOL.jpg

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Smiley Happy  Well we don't always accomplish our goals Smiley Happy I refrained for 1 1/2 days. Doesn't that count for anything? Smiley Happy

Besides, it's not my fault, it's @ptatohed 's fault. Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy

It's tough reading these boards at times...temptations to apply are everywhere!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 12 of 525
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

It's tough reading these boards at times...temptations to apply are everywhere!

Speaking of which, I saw this really great credit card on some forum recently.  Don't remember all the details, except it was really great!

Also a very easy application.  You just put $10 in an envelope and sent it to

LTL Bank Really Great Credit Card

P.O. Box 77777

Little Rock, AR 72201

You can include a form with name, address, SSN and whether you want an AU and/or a BT, but not essential.

It's non-refundable, but a) NO HP!!!! and b) it's a great card.

Apply early as this could be FotM

Message 13 of 525
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@SouthJamaica 

LOL.jpg

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Well we don't always accomplish our goals  I refrained for 1 1/2 days. Doesn't that count for anything?

I realize goals can change, and this was merely a PSA so that when you respond to others who may need advice and you reply with 'not to apply for any more cards' that 'we walk the talk', that's all 😁

I think it's ok to give good advice even when one's own conduct is reprehensible.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 14 of 525
Xanthos472
Regular Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I have a TYP-earning Sears MC; I got essentially the same offer last week for this quarter except it's for 10X bonus TYP/$ = 11 net TYP/$.  My TYP are all consolidated in a single TYP account with my Premier as primary, which lets me cash them out via an ACH transfer at $0.01 each.

Dollar for dollar spend this card has been my best net earner over the last 5 years.  As long as this gravy train keeps running I'll keep riding it.

@coldfusion Is the TYP version still available as a PC option? 

Cap 1 QS #1 2.5K | Cap 1 QS#2 16K | Citi DC 5410. | Synch 2% 10K | Disco IT 11.3K | Disco Miles 10K | Amex BCE 6K EDP 6.2K Schwab 3K | Citizen's 1.8% 12.2K | Wells Cashwise #1 20K #2 1K | USBank Cash+ 21K | Fidelity 20K | Truist Spectrum #1 7.5K Spectrum #2 4.5K Bright 5K | PNC Cash #1 3K Cash #2 600 Points #1 600 Points#2 600 | BECU Cash 23.4K Low Rate 10.5K | BoA Premium Rewards 25.8K Travel Rewards 30K | FNBO Evergreen 20K | SAFE CU Cashback + 10K | Huntington Voice 7150 | Keybank Latitude 8K |
BECU CLOC 15K
~BIZ Credit~ Amex BBP 9.6K BBC 10.2K Biz Plat NPSL x3 Biz Gold NPSL x2 | USBank Biz Cash 10K | Citizen's ED Points Biz 7K | FNBO Biz Evergreen 13.7K | BoA Biz Unlimited #1 7.5K |BoA Biz Unlimited #2 50K | BoA Biz CCR #1 7K | BoA Biz CCR #2 22K | CIC 9K | INK Premier 80K/16K Flex | CIU 11K |
~formerly known as Xatos~
Message 15 of 525
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Xanthos472 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I have a TYP-earning Sears MC; I got essentially the same offer last week for this quarter except it's for 10X bonus TYP/$ = 11 net TYP/$.  My TYP are all consolidated in a single TYP account with my Premier as primary, which lets me cash them out via an ACH transfer at $0.01 each.

Dollar for dollar spend this card has been my best net earner over the last 5 years.  As long as this gravy train keeps running I'll keep riding it.

I am pretty sure you can't link the citi SYW card with other citi cards and combine TY points.  But those who had this feature are grandfathered (like @coldfusion ).  In fact, my SWY card doesn't even call them Thank You points.  And whereas 100 TY points = $1.00, the SYW card is 1,000 points = $1.00 (e.g., 1% back spending earns you 10 points per $1 spent).  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 16 of 525
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Usually these promotions should come with a reminder that higher spend can hurt your wallet.

Though in this case, especially after the holidays, incentivizing higher spend on dining and grocery can potentially hurt your waistline!

(Of course, the promotion will work well for many people. Inflation is high, some household are big, fine dining is expensive, etc. And my thinking is in the context of food I don't buy at Visa-only Costco.)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 17 of 525
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@Xanthos472 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I am pretty sure you can't link the citi SYW card with other citi cards and combine TY points.  But those who had this feature are grandfathered (like @coldfusion ).  In fact, my SWY card doesn't even call them Thank You points.  And whereas 100 TY points = $1.00, the SYW card is 1,000 points = $1.00 (e.g., 1% back spending earns you 10 points per $1 spent).  

Citi stopped allowing conversions to the TYP version I think it was about October 2019.    When I did my conversion you had to call and be transferred to a specific team located in Ohio but based on later feedback from members here they had updated their process so that a standard CSR could do the conversion.  It used to take like 30 seconds to do while you were still on the phone.  

Combining cards into a single TYP pool  is a simple phone call as well, but you want to have all the physical cards you're combining in front of you, the numbers of all the TYP accounts you're combining written down in front of you,  and know exactly which card and its associated TYP account you want as the primary.   If you have TYP across multple accounts they will transfer all of them over to the TYP account you associated with your primary card.   This is a general truism for TYP-earning cards, regardless of whether or not a TYP-earning Sears MC is in the mix.

I haven't heard of anyone even trying to convert in quite a while, so if someone were so inclined it might be worth calling the support number on fhe back of your card and asking if your Sears card can be converted to a TYP version.   They may have started allowing it yet but nobody here knows about it or has thought to report of their success, and the worst possible outcome from a request is that you're told NO.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 525
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Whoa 10% on all those? 

That is a "hot" offer @ptatohed !

Message 19 of 525
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

haha

The Mods know ALL...

@FinStar wrote:

@SouthJamaica 

LOL.jpg

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Message 20 of 525
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.