Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit card first year of credit history

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase credit card first year of credit history

@ptatohed wrote:

My oldest (13) is an AU on my citi Double Cash.  On his recent East Coast school field trip, he earned me some pennies...... while spending lots of my dollars.  Smiley Frustrated

Why isn't he an AU on all 15+ other cards?

They make wallets to hold that many.

At 13 he could read the cheat sheet to use the correct card.

PS: You haven't seen anything yet,  just wait for college.

Message 11 of 12
DoppelgangerD
Contributor

Re: Chase credit card first year of credit history

A little bit of a data point for you...

I have my son as an AU on several of my accounts. He's 19.5 years old, and we finally just decided to get him his first card a couple months ago.

His scores were all in the lower 800s, so we decided to go for the Chase FU to get the $200 bonus for paying some of his tuition and put that toward tuition as well.

He did get approved with a $500 CL.

Was hoping for more but it is what it is. Already maxed it and paid 3 times already, so should qualify for an increase soon.

My biggest concern with your daughter is that even though she has great credit so far, the fact that she has a new Discover and Amex combined with a young profile, it could end up being declined.

I'd say the odds are in her favor, but still a bit of a gamble.

Worst case scenario is if she's declined, then maybe go for the Rise, but she'll just have that extra hard inquiry.

You could also request a reconsideration if it's declined too.

As far as the credit limit if she's approved, I think it may be wishful thinking expecting more than 3k at the very most, probably less.

@FranknBeans wrote:

I keep seeing that Chase won't approve a credit card your first year unless it's the Rise card. Question is my daughter has been an AU for a few years and has a her own Amex and Discover  card and turned 18, 4 months ago. She was preapproved for all Amex cards on her 18th bday.  She took the cash back card since she has no use for annual fee cards right now. She has a 780 credit score. Would she be approved for a freedom card since tech she has a few years as a AU. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.