cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avant 2% cash back card actually a ̶3̶%̶ 2.98% catch-all

tag
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Re: Avant 2% cash back card actually a 3% catch-all card...

@ptatohed wrote:

So, is Avant the only card on the market that allows debit card statement pay?  If not, then this concept would make any credit card that accepts debit card payment a +1% card.  

What's the best 1% debit card to use?

I heard that the Target card allows debit card statement pay, but you have to do it as guest services in store. That is unconfirmed hearsay, would be nice if someone *cough*ptato*cough* could confirm or deny. 

Business Cards:
Message 21 of 33
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Lets not let this drop, inquiring minds want to know. My amex debit card pays one point one each two dollars spent. I don't know what amex points are worth. I guess I'll try to pay a credit card with it.

Message 22 of 33
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@1LostArk wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

So, is Avant the only card on the market that allows debit card statement pay?  If not, then this concept would make any credit card that accepts debit card payment a +1% card.  

What's the best 1% debit card to use?

I heard that the Target card allows debit card statement pay, but you have to do it as guest services in store. That is unconfirmed hearsay, would be nice if someone *cough*ptato*cough* could confirm or deny. 

Ha ha.  Sorry 1LA, my Red Card is actually a debit card.  No bill to pay, comes out of our checking account.  mrs ptatohed's decision, not mine.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 23 of 33
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I have the Rewards Checking Plus debit card but even if it does work, it's only 0.5% CB.  Boo.  I guess I can try it.  Which cc issuers' websites definitely accept debit cards?  I'll give it a shot.  

https://www.upgrade.com/rewards-checking-plus/  

No hope:
Message 24 of 33
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@IcyCool7227 wrote:

Has anyone gotten cashback with Affinity's cashback debit card for paying their credit card bills? I would like to know so I don't have to waste a Chex inquiry to find out. Other than that nowadays the best debit card to pay credit card bills is the 50 cent Primis one but I'm very careful not to charge lots of little amounts in a short time span as I don't want to be seen as abusing their rewards program.

I can confirm as well. I can pay Citi over the phone but I just use a bill pay service that let's me use my Affinity debit.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 25 of 33
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@IcyCool7227 wrote:

Has anyone gotten cashback with Affinity's cashback debit card for paying their credit card bills? I would like to know so I don't have to waste a Chex inquiry to find out. Other than that nowadays the best debit card to pay credit card bills is the 50 cent Primis one but I'm very careful not to charge lots of little amounts in a short time span as I don't want to be seen as abusing their rewards program.

@IcyCool7227 

You have me very intrigued by this 50c debit card.  That's huge for small purchases.  Is there a limit to the number of transactions one can do?  Because, I could definitely hit this hard and do some damage, lol.  I hit my Rewards+ card hard on small purchases and that's only 10c.  

If I am reading the website correctly, the Primis Perks checking has the 50c per debit transaction and the Primis Premium has the nice 5% interest rate.  Too bad you can't have both.  

https://primisbank.com/personal-checking/  

No hope:
Message 26 of 33
B_A_R
Established Member

DP: Primis 50c Cash Back per debit card transaction 

P1-P4 were shutdown 3-4 months after opening. I was able to hit it hard (Mid 4 figures total over the 4 accounts) with the PayPal Bill Pay Mod (Doesn't work anymore). They pay when statement is cut so I was suprised they payed out the last month after shutdown. 

Message 27 of 33
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@B_A_R wrote:

DP: Primis 50c Cash Back per debit card transaction 

P1-P4 were shutdown 3-4 months after opening. I was able to hit it hard (Mid 4 figures total over the 4 accounts) with the PayPal Bill Pay Mod (Doesn't work anymore). They pay when statement is cut so I was suprised they payed out the last month after shutdown. 

I read the fine print and it said in addition to being able to shut down your account at their discretion if they suspect abuse, you will get any money earned even if the account is closed.  Smiley Happy

No hope:
Message 28 of 33
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

So I browsed the web a little looking at 1% CB debit cards and I saw this over and over:  That the purchase must be at a POS and/or a signature purchase.  This leads me to believe one wouldn't get the 1% CB using it to pay a credit card.

Axos Bank makes it easy to earn up to $2,000 cash back each month. Simply meet our balance requirements and be sure to select the signature option for your debit card transactions.

Just use your Quontic Debit Card for everyday Qualifying Point of Sale (POS) purchases! Qualifying point of sale (POS) debit card transactions shall receive 1.00% cash back 

No hope:
Message 29 of 33
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

So I browsed the web a little looking at 1% CB debit cards and I saw this over and over:  That the purchase must be at a POS and/or a signature purchase.  This leads me to believe one wouldn't get the 1% CB using it to pay a credit card.

Axos Bank makes it easy to earn up to $2,000 cash back each month. Simply meet our balance requirements and be sure to select the signature option for your debit card transactions.

Just use your Quontic Debit Card for everyday Qualifying Point of Sale (POS) purchases! Qualifying point of sale (POS) debit card transactions shall receive 1.00% cash back 

The Affinity debit codes CC payments  as POS and it works, so I assume the Quontic should as well (though it has a balance requirement of $100). The ones to avoid is if it has "signature" in terms.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.