Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo CLI

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Venmo CLI

Card is 10 months old, starting limit was $1.6k. Exactly at the 6 month mark, I requested the first CLI and was approved for $3.2k. 4 months later since the last increase, I went online to request another and was immediately declined for the following reasons:

• Highest Ratio Of Balance To Credit Limit Over The Last 3 Months Is Too High On This Account

• The Current Ratio Of Balance To Credit Limit Is Too High On This Account
• The Number Of Months Since This Account Was Opened Is Too Low
• The Ratio Of Last Payment To Amount Due On This Account Is Too Low

Quite frankly I was carrying a balance and was overlimit at the time of request. Paid off the account in full, waited 5 days and requested a $10k increase. Instead, I got instantly approved for $6.4k which is a 2x increase like the first. Based on this pattern, it appears you can request a CLI every 4 months and may only get approved for up to a maximum of twice the current limit.IMG_9868.jpeg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Re: Venmo CLI

congrats on your cli

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 2 of 12
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 3 of 12
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 4 of 12
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats.

Message 5 of 12
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 6 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Venmo CLI 🤑👍

Message 7 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

congrats! Yeah generaly synchrony will either auto cli or allows CLI request every 3-4 mos. I've gotten auto clis at third statment cut before.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 9 of 12
Wu-Credit
Contributor

Congratulations on your second CLI in six months! Hope it keeps increasing as you continue to use and let it age! 

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.