Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI + Consolidation Success!!!

tag
stealthc63
New Contributor

NFCU CLI + Consolidation Success!!!

Hit my 181 day mark the other day so I asked for another $8k. Instantly approved which brought my cl to $44k. I was also just given an $8k increase on my cash rewards card. I use the flagship rewards more than I use the cash rewards so I figured I'd see if I could reallocate the $27k limit from that card to the flagship. I messaged them throught the app and it was approved within a day. New CL for my flagship is $71k!!! My bk turns 4 this year so I am super pumped to have that kind of limit all things considered. NFCU and BCU have been very good to me.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
user979797
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI + Consolidation Success!!!

Congrats to you on your successful CLI and reallocation Smiley Happy

>
Message 2 of 18
keekers
Established Contributor

Nice job; congrats!

Message 3 of 18
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the increase and the shuffle. I'm curious though. For the last while Navy was only allowing reallocation of limits when doing a balance transfer. Did they allow this without doing a balance transfer? TIA.

Message 4 of 18
stealthc63
New Contributor

I sent a message through the app saying I was considering doing a BT of $10-$15k but I didn't want my utilization to be that high. I asked if they could combine the limits if I agreed to close the cash rewards account. They approved my request and I have not yet done the BT. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 18
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your achievement 👏 

Message 6 of 18
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 7 of 18
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to you on the limit increases and reallocation! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I tried to reallocate some of my limit from my More Rewards to my Flagship last year and I was told that wasn't allowed. Great to see that isn't always true!

Message 8 of 18
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

Congratulations on the increase and the shuffle. I'm curious though. For the last while Navy was only allowing reallocation of limits when doing a balance transfer. Did they allow this without doing a balance transfer? TIA.

@Traveler101  thank you for asking this question. I was curious about this too.  I recently was told I couldn't reallocate some of my limit when I was trying to move some from my More Rewards to my Flagship. 

Message 9 of 18
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@stealthc63 wrote:

I sent a message through the app saying I was considering doing a BT of $10-$15k but I didn't want my utilization to be that high. I asked if they could combine the limits if I agreed to close the cash rewards account. They approved my request and I have not yet done the BT. Hope this helps.

@stealthc63  thank you for answering this question. This is very helpful!  I'm so glad the reallocation worked out for you. Thank you again for sharing!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.