cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World Mastercard after 2 rejections!!!

tag
Consigliere
Established Member

Approved for First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World Mastercard after 2 rejections!!!

Looking for this PIN priority card for years with 2 rejections already with same reason -> too much available credit.

Now, I just got a "Limited Time Offer: You’re pre-approved for a Choice Mastercard" email with a targeted Sub of 40,000 bonus points after $3000 spend within 60 days.

- Well, I pulled the trigger and they pulled my EX Fico 9 Score --> 816.
- I linked bank account as POI during App and sent in, no instant approval, 1-2 business days email.
- After around 3 hours they called me for ID verification.
- After phone call and in less than 15min I got the Approval Email and DocuSign link with terms, showing a SL of $5000 @ 13.5 %. Not the SL I was expecting but happy with approval.
- I did call back asking for a higher SL reconsideration stating that I have some high spending coming in the next months and I don't want to recycle the line of credit within same billing statements blah blah blah, and after put on hold for about 2-3 minutes they told me that considering the "too much accessible credit" I have, that's the best they were able to approve, and he recommended me "to wait at least 6 months" speech to have a CLI reconsidered.

Some DP at time of Application:
- Pulled EX Fico 9 Score: 816
- Income: $275k / year
- EX HP's: 1/6, 4/12, 10/24
- New Revolvers: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24
- AAoA: 5yrs,1mo
- TRL: $774k with 0% utilization.

Amex-Every-Day-Credit-Card
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World Mastercard after 2 rejections!!!

Congratulations on your approval! 

Message 2 of 15
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World Mastercard after 2 rejections!!!

congrats on the approval

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 3 of 15
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats and thanks for the DPs.

Message 4 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 15
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Hats off to you when looking at your stats with all the available credit you have and getting approved. 👍 They are noted for not liking a ton of available credit. My experience with them, I have received many targeted offers for increased points to spur spending when the account is idle for a while. Kind of nice to see offers. Hopefully you will see the same. Congratulations 🎊 

Message 6 of 15
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your First Tech FCU Choice Rewards Approval 🤑👍

Message 7 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Not a new story for FirstTech unfortunately.  There have not been a lot that have eek'd by with more that have a large TCL already.

That’s Terrific!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 8 of 15
Wu-Credit
Regular Contributor

Congratulations and thanks for sharing DPs! Nice looking card added to your collection.

Cards & Loans

Wishlist

myFICO | 754↑
Message 9 of 15
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nice, congratulations on your FCU approval!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.