Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500K Credit Limit Goal Achieved Via WF Autograph CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

$500K Credit Limit Goal Achieved Via WF Autograph CLI

Tonight I reached out to Wells Fargo to ask for $5000 limit increase and it was approved! This increase has helped me reach my personal goal of $500K in available credit!  I started my credit rebuild in August 2019 with a combined limit of $10,000 spread across 4 cards. As my scores improved and I added more cards my desired limit became $100K. Eventually as I surppassed $100K I raised it to $200K. Same thing happened as I reached $200K, and $300K I kept moving the goalpost! When I reached $400K I was actually satisfied, but then I applied for more cards I wanted and then I ended up getting close enough to $500K that it just made sense to go for that limit.  I did so by doing soft pull increases on eligible cards! 

The Wells Fargo cards have been so surprising to me. My Autograph card started out as a Propel card with a $5500 limit in December 2019. It has continued to grow and grow. My last charge on the Autograph was $14 in December 2024. My Active Cash is a totally different story!  My Active Cash started out as a Platinum Rewards card in October 2007 with a starting limit of $7000. Once upon a time I kept this card maxed out and they kept gradually increasing my card's limit. It eventually grew to $14,000 but before my credit rebuild I had maxed out all my cards and was only paying the minimum amount due on them. When I took a lump sum of money and paid the card down from $14,000 to $5000,  WF balance chased me reducing the limit to $5500. In 2019 when I began my rebuild and I paid the balance off they increased the limit back to $7000 where it has remained.

The Platinum Rewards was eventually product changed by WF to a Visa Signature, and then by my request product changed to the Active Cash. No matter how much I spend on it they won't increase the limit. They always say that they can't increase it without doing a hard pull. After always withdrawing my CLI request, not wanting a hard pull for a CLI,  I even tried to get an increase in August 2023 and gave them permission to run my credit and they still said no. I've even asked for an increase on the Active Cash and gotten denied and on the same phone call asked for one on the Propel card (before it was changed to an Autograph), and received an increase approval on the Propel multiple times. At the end of March 2024 I asked for an increase on the Active Cash and they said no. Waited a few weeks and tonight asked for an increase on the Autograph and they approved it. I guess my Active Cash is bucketed. So I will just enjoy this win on the Autograph card and be thankful I have now reached my goal!  

40 REPLIES 40
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: $500K Credit Limit Goal Achieved Via WF Autograph CLI

Nicely done, congratulations! 

Message 2 of 41
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@JoeRockhead thank you! 

Message 3 of 41
Hut1
Established Contributor

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment!

download

Message 4 of 41
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI! And on your CL!!!!!

Message 5 of 41
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats. Very nice.

Message 6 of 41
fm92555
Regular Contributor

Well done!

I have only a portion of that and I worry I won't use it and they will take it away.

Message 7 of 41
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Hut1 wrote:

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment!

@Hut1  thank you!

Message 8 of 41
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI! And on your CL!!!!!

@CorpCrMgr1  thank you!

Message 9 of 41
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@keekers wrote:
Congrats. Very nice.

@keekers  thank you!

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.