cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony only one inq for three new accounts?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Synchrony only one inq for three new accounts?

I just wanted to post and see if anyone else experienced this....

so I opened the above three sync accounts within days of eachother and only got one inquiry on TU! (amazing and lucky me) Pretty sure I had fraud alerts on reports and frozen (had to send in my ss card and authorize the ss89 form I think it was only for care credit?)

I got an alert that they tried to pull another time for the care credit but never unfroze, so lets say t the very least I only got two accounts with one hard pull (the amazon account I took the fraud alert and freeze off but still no extra pull)

I can see that they did soft pull though and ofc that's fine! lol

if its a policy or a fluke, Im not sure, but I am happy tht I only got one inquiry for those three new accounts!!!

the one inquiry for all three acounts showed up as a 'at home synchrony bank' and then only one same showed up as 'synchrony branch' on a different report from a different site. 

I still dont get how different credit reporting services can show the exact same info in different ways heh.

thoughts? I applied for all after pre qualifying on websites. nothing in person.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony only one inq for three new accounts?

Congrats on the approvals

Keep your bureaus locked. It's not uncommon to see delayed pulls a week later. Especially if they made an attempt and failed 

I use to like Synchrony but they've become a creditor that's generally more hassle than the cards are worth. Kinda feels like they've entered into the Credit One zone category for me and can't bring myself to apply 

Message 2 of 4
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah have had bad experiences, but this was good. its already been more than a month since i opened these accoutns, about 45 days so I dont think any more inquiries will show up! 

hope they dont at least. 

sadly though Im still 15 inqs on TU LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 4
remy112
Established Member

Congrats!!! I had 4 approvals from Synchrony with no hard pulls. Each time they did a soft pull and gave me an approve amount I froze my Equifax and Approved. They pulled from EQ 9.

Starting Score: 626
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.