cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Savor or SavorOne to replace bucketed SavorOne?

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: New Savor or SavorOne to replace bucketed SavorOne?

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 19
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Got approved with a nice SL so this one can be closed out as I have a thread in approvals now.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 12 of 19
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

Got approved with a nice SL so this one can be closed out as I have a thread in approvals now.

Well, I guess that confirms that you can have more than 2 core cards which are not considered to be "starter" cards.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 10 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 13 of 19
bytechma
Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Personal Cards
C1 Quickslilver One $500 | C1 Savor One $2,000 | Discover IT Secured $200 | Amex Optima $500 | U.S. Bank Cash+ Secured $1,000 | C1 Venture X $30,000 (AU)

BOA Cards with Preferred Rewards Platinum (50% boost)
Travel Rewards $18,000 (AU) | Bank Americard $2,100 (AU) | Customized Cash Rewards $22,000 (AU) | Premium Rewards $19,400 (AU)

Business Cards
Nav Prime $11,000 | Amex Blue Business Plus $12,800(AU)

Message 14 of 19
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats.

Message 15 of 19
elboullee
Regular Contributor

Same card save 3x vs. 4x multipliers, the AF, and the amount of the SUBs - if you qualify.

The break-even on the multipliers vs. the AF is ~$9.5K/year.

If you spend more than $9.5K/year on resturants, groceries, streaming, and movies, then get the Savor. Spend less than that, get the SavorOne.

Message 16 of 19
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@elboullee wrote:

Same card save 3x vs. 4x multipliers, the AF, and the amount of the SUBs - if you qualify.

The break-even on the multipliers vs. the AF is ~$9.5K/year.

If you spend more than $9.5K/year on resturants, groceries, streaming, and movies, then get the Savor. Spend less than that, get the SavorOne.

Grocery spend is 3% for both versions, so the breakeven will come with more than $9.5k on dining, streaming, and entertainment.

FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 10 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 17 of 19
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@NoHardLimits @elboullee I probably  shouldn't, but I definitely spend enough to pass the break even point between  Savor and SavorOne from dining and entertainment, even with 90% of my streaming on BCP.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 18 of 19
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@NoHardLimits @elboullee I probably  shouldn't, but I definitely spend enough to pass the break even point between  Savor and SavorOne from dining and entertainment, even with 90% of my streaming on BCP.

I applied for Savor when my spend was over $10k in dining and entertainment.  Pandemic hit and that spend cratered, so I product changed to QS (no option to downgrade to S1).  Spend started going back up, so I product changed to S1 as soon as I was allowed to.  Spent over $10k again last year, but I'll just stick with S1 for now.  My streaming goes on Cash+.

FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.