cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negativity is not helpful

tag
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: I Need to increase my overall credit limit by $98k, Burned Banks / Blacklisted?

I just went back and read your original post a few times and honestly I don't see a path anywhere to get you what you need. Your highest limit card is $6000 and generally speaking other banks usually won't stray too far from that same amount if you opened a card with them. 

It would be almost unheard of for a new bank to go out on a limb and offer you several times that amount especially being a new relationship.

Message 31 of 53
asking4afriend

Re: I Need to increase my overall credit limit by $98k, Burned Banks / Blacklisted?

@Rogue46 wrote:

I just went back and read your original post a few times and honestly I don't see a path anywhere to get you what you need. Your highest limit card is $6000 and generally speaking other banks usually will offer around that same amount if you opened a card with them. 

It would be almost unheard of for a new bank to go out on a limb and offer you several times that amount especially being a new relationship.

Thanks for the honest assessment. I have not applied for a credit card in years. Capitol One is stingy considering I have money in both checking and savings accounts with them. I do realize they are not motivated to increase my CL because I immediately pay off any credit card debt. So, I need better options and will be applying for other credit cards. Whatever happens I need to make sure that I am with an institution that has a nice starting CL, rewards my banking relationship and is generous with CLI.

Message 32 of 53
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

@asking4afriend  With the provable income you've mentioned and your enormous savings, most countries consider factors like financial stability and ability to support yourself without relying on public assistance. I would think that with your incredible income and savings that should meet the requirements. 

Again, your expectations and the limits of credit you desire within the amount of time aren't realistic by any stretch of the imagination. 

Keep us updated if you do get those approvals because I'd like a few more high limit cards with low threshold requirements 

Message 33 of 53
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Rogue46 wrote:

I just went back and read your original post a few times and honestly I don't see a path anywhere to get you what you need. Your highest limit card is $6000 and generally speaking other banks usually won't stray too far from that same amount if you opened a card with them. 

Banks are wary of the potential for bustout fraud so it just takes time to build up the big limits. I have FICO 8s over 800, 150k in total CL, and just requested a CLI on an Amex card that had a 1300 limit. After jumping through hoops including providing bank account info, they didn't even give me the 3x CLI that others mention is common (they took me to 2500). 

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 34 of 53
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

Intended to edit post for a different thread but accidently edited my previous post in this thread. Deleting the whole darned thing.😵‍💫

Message 35 of 53
asking4afriend

Reading and compre

@CreditPoor wrote:

@asking4afriend  With the provable income you've mentioned and your enormous savings, most countries consider factors like financial stability and ability to support yourself without relying on public assistance. I would think that with your incredible income and savings that should meet the requirements. 

Again, your expectations and the limits of credit you desire within the amount of time aren't realistic by any stretch of the imagination. 

Keep us updated if you do get those approvals because I'd like a few more high limit cards with low threshold requirements 

Reading is essential. I have high income potential after graduation but I  am working the minimum amount at this time to concentrate on my coursework. Yes, I know there are some people who become jealous at the thought that someone else has enough money saved to buy a home without needing a mortgage. But, if you have an IQ that is high enough to pass Multi-Variable Calculus, Discrete Math, and Linear Algebra you might want to focus on a career in  ML/AI/FinTech so, you can have "enormous" savings and earning potential as well. Not everyone can do it that's why the PAY is high. 

Message 36 of 53
asking4afriend

@FlaDude wrote:

@Rogue46 wrote:

Banks are wary of the potential for bustout fraud so it just takes time to build up the big limits. I have FICO 8s over 800, 150k in total CL, and just requested a CLI on an Amex card that had a 1300 limit. After jumping through hoops including providing bank account info, they didn't even give me the 3x CLI that others mention is common (they took me to 2500). 

Thanks for your response. With 800+ FICO scores that $2500 seems a bit insulting, but at the point where you have $150k in credit I would guess they would wonder why you would need more. 

Message 37 of 53
asking4afriend

@GreatLife wrote:

I'm wondering if there are secured business cards that offer higher limits to match cash deposits? If so you might qualify since self employed with substantial savings. Possibly no hard credit pulls or new accounts on your personal credit reports to decrease your great credit scores? Try posting on the Business Credit subforum if you think something like that could be helpful. 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Message 38 of 53
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@asking4afriend wrote:

Reading and compre

@CreditPoor wrote:

Reading is essential. I have high income potential after graduation but I  am working the minimum amount at this time to concentrate on my coursework. Yes, I know there are some people who become jealous at the thought that someone else has enough money saved to buy a home without needing a mortgage. But, if you have an IQ that is high enough to pass Multi-Variable Calculus, Discrete Math, and Linear Algebra you might want to focus on a career in  ML/AI/FinTech so, you can have "enormous" savings and earning potential as well. Not everyone can do it that's why the PAY is high. 

Keep in mind not one shred of any of that matters for credit today, or anytime soon.  I am a Tech consultant, I have a high(ish) income in the range you're talking about, have significant investments and savings approaching 7-figures, very little debt (a single vehicle loan about 65% paid off), and I only have one credit card barely over the $20,000 threshold.  The reality of your situation is unless/until something nearly miraculous happens, you aren't going to get the kind of credit you're seeking.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 39 of 53
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

Hope the best for you. As for jealousy, lol, I have shoes older than you. Think I'm considered a dinosaur to this generation. I've been saving and investing since hardcastle and mccormick and Street Hawk were on television.

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.