Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 - Savor - CLI

tag
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 - Savor - CLI

$11K-15K

I recently transferred all of my available credit from my Cap 1 QS and Venture cards to the Savor, increasing the Savor CL from $6K to $11K.   

Yesterday, I noticed that it had been 7 months since my last CLI request (which was denied), so I hit the app button.   I didn't go crazy, just asked for a $4K increase, and much to my surprise, it was granted.

I typically only put a few hundred a month on the card, but what may have been working in my favor is that I just got back from Paris for a week, and I only used my Savor card on that trip, so I got heavy usage each day, and about $2k in charges.    Not sure if that data point made a difference, but I'll take it!

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
2/25/24:

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 - Savor - CLI

@md_rebuild wrote:

$11K-15K

I recently transferred all of my available credit from my Cap 1 QS and Venture cards to the Savor, increasing the Savor CL from $6K to $11K.   

Yesterday, I noticed that it had been 7 months since my last CLI request (which was denied), so I hit the app button.   I didn't go crazy, just asked for a $4K increase, and much to my surprise, it was granted.

I typically only put a few hundred a month on the card, but what may have been working in my favor is that I just got back from Paris for a week, and I only used my Savor card on that trip, so I got heavy usage each day, and about $2k in charges.    Not sure if that data point made a difference, but I'll take it!

very nice CLI!! 

congrats!! 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 17
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats.

Message 3 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Savor CLI 🤑👍

Message 4 of 17
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@md_rebuild Congratulations on your CLI! Must ask, how long ago did you combine your cards? I was turned down a few days ago for a CLI because I had combined my cards. 

Message 5 of 17
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

@md_rebuild Congratulations on your CLI! Must ask, how long ago did you combine your cards? I was turned down a few days ago for a CLI because I had combined my cards. 

@CorpCrMgr1   I combined my cards about 3 months ago, I believe.   Someone had posted on the forums that it was available so I jumped at the opporunity.   I fully expected to be turned down for the CLI since I had just recently combined 3 CL into 1.

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
2/25/24:

Message 6 of 17
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@md_rebuild  thank you for your quick response!

Message 7 of 17
Beast26
Established Contributor

I didn't know combining cards was available.  How do I go about asking them to combine my cards?

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 8 of 17
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Yes, I always wonder if combining or reallocating limits will re-start the 6-month clock before I can get another CLI. Different lenders seem to handle this differently.

@Beast26 wrote:

I didn't know combining cards was available.  How do I go about asking them to combine my cards?

I don't think you'll be able to between your Walmart card and the Quicksilver. It would need to be two of their core cards, like Quicksilver and Venture or whatever. The Walmart being a co-branded card, I think, excludes it from being able to transfer credit limits to/from other Cap 1 cards. That's the boat I seem to be in with my Cabela's card from Cap 1. I can't transfer anything between that and my SavorOne.

IF you are eligible, on the website, where it says "I Want To..." click there and get a menu of actions.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of June 3
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 9 of 17
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Reallocation is for Core cards via the website.

Capital One Allowing CL Reallocations Again? - myFICO® Forums - 6696553

@Beast26 wrote:

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.