cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(second try) Approved for AmEx Business 5% Amazon Prime Card with maxed out blue+gold cards

tag
Hammer
Established Member

(second try) Approved for AmEx Business 5% Amazon Prime Card with maxed out blue+gold cards

After uploading bank statements, I just got approved for the Amazon Prime AmEx business credit card with a SL of $3500! There doesn't appear to be a hard inquiry yet and since I have been an AmEx customer for years I think they soft-pulled only.

My credit scores were 710-720 EX/TU/EQ with 5 inq's on EX and 3 inq's on TU/EQ. Total personal CL of 77k across 8 personal cards with 15% average util with a personal loan of 9k and no auto loans or other debt. AAoA = 3y4mo, AoOA = 6y11mo, no BK and a score history above 650. My Amazon account is 1 year old and has had Prime for the past 6 months. I have made about 3000/mo of purchases on Amazon, mostly computer parts.

The interesting part is before I applied, I have had both my AmEx business blue cash 2% and business gold card practically maxed out at $16k/$32k for months on end. I have had the blue card since Feb 2023 and the gold card since Aug 2023. The blue card has a 17k limit and the gold card was initially NPSL with a 30k POT, but they administered a PSL of 33.7k in Oct 2023.

I applied for this same exact Prime card 4 months ago but was insta-rejected, and I asked for a CLI on my personal Blue Cash Pref card 1 month ago and was rejected. So I thought I wouldn't have a chance. I thought AmEx was not going to extend me a penny more of credit. After all, I already owe them close to 50k.

But somehow it went through this time. Maybe it's because I uploaded PDFs instead of using the Plaid widget, which might've forced a human to review it instead of the computer. That employee could have seen plenty of revenue coming in and spending going out. The bank statments showed an average balance of $4000 and 30k-60k/month of deposits, so a $3500 SL seems like nothing. On the application, I stated annual biz revenue was $480k and expected spending on this card was $5k/mo. That is in line with the bank statements.

It took about 8 hours after uploading statements to get my approval e-mail. The physical card is coming in 2 weeks, so I can't use it to pay my AWs bill for now, but I can instantly start spending on Amazon.com. 5% back is so great!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for AmEx Business 5% Amazon Prime Card with maxed out blue+gold cards

congrats, very nice approval! 

great DP to show that bank statements can override PSL's for new approvals too if the numbers add up right

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 9
Hammer
Established Member

Re: Approved for AmEx Business 5% Amazon Prime Card with maxed out blue+gold cards

@GZG wrote:

great DP to show that bank statements can override PSL's for new approvals too if the numbers add up right

I think I only showed that bank statments can override past denials from AmEx.

Message 3 of 9
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Hammer wrote:

@GZG wrote:

I think I only showed that bank statments can override past denials from AmEx.

I assumed that having a recent PSL placed on a charge card prevented all future approvals, at least in the short term, congrats nonetheless 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 4 of 9
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: (second try) Approved for AmEx Business 5% Amazon Prime Card with maxed out blue+gold cards

Congratulations on the approval.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 6 of 9
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: (second try) Approved for AmEx Business 5% Amazon Prime Card with maxed out blue+gold cards

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 9
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval 

Message 8 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.