cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

tag
Aloha808
Contributor

Re: Which Bank Biz Cards Report To Biz Credit Reports?

@FinStar wrote:

@Aloha808 wrote:

Just a heads up, I'm seeing various reports (5 so far) that Barclays business credit cards opened from 1/1/22 onwards are reporting as new trade lines/accounts on personal credit reports. Seems to be right around the 30 day mark after opening the card. 

@Aloha808 Where are these reports coming from? What's the source?  Typically, most Barclays approvals, at least on the personal side, report within 24-72 hours from approval -- which I would assume a similar outcome would be seen for new business cards.

Mix between reddit and Doctorofcredit.com

Active: Retired:
Message 131 of 140
jcooks
Established Contributor

@Aloha808 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Aloha808 wrote:

Just a heads up, I'm seeing various reports (5 so far) that Barclays business credit cards opened from 1/1/22 onwards are reporting as new trade lines/accounts on personal credit reports. Seems to be right around the 30 day mark after opening the card. 

@Aloha808 Where are these reports coming from? What's the source?  Typically, most Barclays approvals, at least on the personal side, report within 24-72 hours from approval -- which I would assume a similar outcome would be seen for new business cards.

I'm reading an update as of today on FM that it was an error on Barclays side.  They are allegedly fixing it.  If a biz card is to report to personal credit, but later on gets removed, does that still take up a 5/24 slot?

Message 132 of 140
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jcooks wrote:

@Aloha808 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Aloha808 wrote:

I'm reading an update as of today on FM that it was an error on Barclays side.  They are allegedly fixing it.  If a biz card is to report to personal credit, but later on gets removed, does that still take up a 5/24 slot?

As long as it's present on personal CRs when applying for anything 5/24, yes it'll take that slot. Once it gets removed from CRs by way of fixing any internal reporting, then it won't count -- so it obviously needs not to be visible or present so as not to count.

Message 133 of 140
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack one other "call out" for Capital One is their Walmart Commercial acct.  They don't report to personal.  I do see my new acct being reported on Exp Biz.  So it's a store card but thought it might matter....your call. 

Create meme "emoticons funny, thumbs up smile, cute smiles" - Pictures -  Meme-arsenal.com

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 134 of 140
Hyrb
New Visitor

You need to update your table...

I opened a Capital One Spark Cash card the beginning of March.  Last night I noticed my credit score (personal) had dropped and pulled all three reports to find the Spark card reporting 56% utilization on all of them.

Just got off the phone with CapOne and they stated they report to BOTH Experien Business and ALL "Consumer Credit Agencies"  meaning if you are trying to seperate out your credit utilization for biz and personal don't make the mistake I did!

At this point I'm just going to pay off and close the Spark as it is just dragging down my personal score.

Message 135 of 140
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@Hyrb wrote:

You need to update your table...

I opened a Capital One Spark Cash card the beginning of March.  Last night I noticed my credit score (personal) had dropped and pulled all three reports to find the Spark card reporting 56% utilization on all of them.

Just got off the phone with CapOne and they stated they report to BOTH Experien Business and ALL "Consumer Credit Agencies"  meaning if you are trying to seperate out your credit utilization for biz and personal don't make the mistake I did!

At this point I'm just going to pay off and close the Spark as it is just dragging down my personal score.

It may be better to ask @credit_is_crack to please update the table. He created and updates the table as a courtesy. 

In the first post, he has clearly stated that the table is a good guide: "This is a fluid grid and as always, subject to change, and very much a YMMV situation, but it's nice to have a reference point. We're just sharing our personal experiences and lumping them onto a consolidated list. "

Please see Page 13 and posts #122 (me) and #125( @GApeachy) . It has been established that only the Cash Plus card that earns 2% and has an annual fee does NOT report to personal bureaus. All other Spark business cards report to personal unfortunately.

Do you have the Cash Plus or just Cash? If you have a Cash Plus I would reach out to Capital One to see why it is reporting as their terms and conditions indicate that they do not report it. "Will This Card Be Reflected On My Personal Credit Report? Late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account may be reflected on your personal credit report." None of the other Spark cards contain this language.

I am sure that was a nasty shock when you saw that report. Thanks for providing the data point that the non-"Plus" account still reports. Capital One is an odd one for sure. 

Message 136 of 140
mau471
Contributor

Not sure if this thread is wrong or the US Bank knowledge base is out of date but they state they report to D&B and SBFE.

Source: https://www.usbank.com/customer-service/knowledge-base/KB0096233.html

Message 137 of 140
purebulldogs
Contributor

Haven't checked in a while but it seems like my capital one spark card reported to both personal and business, but I could be wrong on that.  I'll have to check to make sure. 

Message 138 of 140
DataPoint
Established Member

US BANK UPDATE [10.26.22]

Confirmed reporting to Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) and Small Business Financial Exchange (SBFE). No mention of reporting to Equifax Business (EQ).

SOURCE: https://www.usbank.com/customer-service/knowledge-base/KB0096233.html

NOV 22 | BUS CARD | 2K | AMEX 2% Blue Business Cash Card | EXP HP
JAN 22 | PER CARD JOINT | 15K | 5% Max Cash Preferred | TU HP | Joint owner: 800+ score
JUN 21 | FED LOAN | Federal Education Loan
JUN 21 | PER CARD AU x4 | 60.5K | Bank of America 1997 Americard World Rewards + 2017 3% Gas Cash Rewards + 2019 3% Online Purchases + 2020 Travel Rewards

NaN
MAY 21 | no credit history

PLAN
2023 | NET 30 ACCT | CreditStrong [DB SBFE EXP EQ PayNet] + Costco [DB SBFE EXP] + CEO Creative [DB EXP Credit Safe] + Creative Analytics [DB EQ Credit Safe]
2023 | BUS CARD | L&N Visa Platinum Business Card | 5% gas
2023 | BUS CARD | Chase Ink Business Cash | 5% office + utilities
2024 | PER LOAN | NFCU Secured 15 YR | 97% immediate prepayment + $5/mo
Message 139 of 140
laurafti
New Visitor

Oh nice! Thank you for this, really helpful!

Message 140 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.