cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick reference on cash-like redemption values for common business travel cards?

tag
TyrannicalDuncery2
Contributor

Quick reference on cash-like redemption values for common business travel cards?

Is there a quick and up-to-date chart anywhere showing the value of points for popular business cards with good signup bonuses when redeemed for statement credit or cash back?

I'm focusing on Chase to start since they seem popular.

Based on quick googling, it looks like some of the programs can't be redeemed for cash-like options at all. The most common references seem rightly focused on redemption for travel uses. I'm not sure whether I'm googling the right thing and/or maybe just cherry-picking and I may be missing conversion methods or other creative options, but here are some sources that seem to say that certain programs do not have a straightforward cash-like redemption option but some can be redeemed for gift cards. My sources for United, Hyatt and IHG are all from nearly identical posts on Wallethub, maybe it's inaccurate/lazy/SEO-bait or I'm looking at the wrong thing?

Here's what I've found. I'm more including this to show that I tried, rather than as an authoritative source.

No cash-like option:

Gift card options:

3 REPLIES 3
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Quick reference on cash-like redemption values for common business travel cards?

While I don't have a definitive answer and don't think there's a new reference chart...I tend to follow thepointsguy.com who always does a good job in reviewing cards and includes the Points Value in the discussion and usually includes a descriptor on what points can be used for.

Message 2 of 4
TyrannicalDuncery2
Contributor

Re: Quick reference on cash-like redemption values for common business travel cards?

Thanks @cashorcharge! Will do, sounds like a good resource.

A bunch of redditors basically told me that they may not know exactly how much the points are worth when redeemed in cash-like ways, but the conversion rates are so terrible that you're always better off going for a different card if that's what you want. That lines up with what I posted above.

Message 3 of 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@TyrannicalDuncery2 wrote:

Thanks @cashorcharge! Will do, sounds like a good resource.

A bunch of redditors basically told me that they may not know exactly how much the points are worth when redeemed in cash-like ways, but the conversion rates are so terrible that you're always better off going for a different card if that's what you want. That lines up with what I posted above.

It's my pleasure 

indeed, it's a really valuable resource and you'll also likely find depending on who you talk to and what they use the points for, they hold different valuations. I think TPG  has really good examples of how he defines the value.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.