Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Bill aka Divvy worth having? Does it build Business credit

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Is Bill aka Divvy worth having? Does it build Business credit

I just had a payment declined from Wells Fargo, due to Bill accessing accounts without my permission. I have not used the account in a while and put some charges on it and got a notice of the decline payment. I called Wells and they told, parameters have changed with access on the Bill side. They told me to delete the connected apps access on my Wells Dashboard and re-add Bill. I just did that and only gave access to the Wells Business checking account, upon checking the dashboard on Wells to see what was connected, I see Business checking and my Business Line of credit. I find this troubling that Bill is basically giving itself access to other accounts not authorized. I am thinking after the paytment is made, to cut up card and remove access to Bill and just let the account close itself, for none use. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Bill aka Divvy worth having? Does it build Business credit

I use DIvvy on certain business items and pay in full each month. I prefer Amex, Chase & Capital on Tap over Divvy though. Not sure if it reports on the business bureaus. 

Message 2 of 7
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@Kasuito39 wrote:

I use DIvvy on certain business items and pay in full each month. I prefer Amex, Chase & Capital on Tap over Divvy though. Not sure if it reports on the business bureaus. 

I am pretty sure others have said, it doesnt do a thing for Business credit. I just cut my card up and will no longer use it. I am removing any app contacting as they monitor your checking accounts

Message 3 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I have had an account with them for a few months and even though you have to PIF each month, I have not found any reporting… Which is really one of the reasons I wanted the card to begin with. I can PIF on a number of American Express cards and don't need to deal with Bill/Divvy

thanks for the heads up on the change

Message 4 of 7
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Update****

I am glad I cut my card up, I got notice that a reduction in my credit line was done. From $4k to $2,500. This card is so useless for me, and the fact that it doesnt report to the Business credit, just says a lot. 

Message 5 of 7
bytechma
New Contributor

I tried using Bill/Divvy but was declined at the preapproval stage. But I do have Nav Prime. It reports two tradelines. I have had for two months and it has started reporting to Experian and Equifax business. 

it is a charge card that you with a 2 to 3 day turn payback period since it is tied to my business checking. I believe the credit limit resets every month. Last month I had a little over $6k in credit. This month extended credit is $11k so far. But they charge a monthly fee of $49. I will use it for the rest of year and probably cancel it next year when I have access to more traditional business cards. I have some spend on it and I like using it as my deposit card when I check into hotels 

Personal Cards
C1 Quickslilver One $500 | C1 Savor One $2,000 | Discover IT Secured $200 | Amex Optima $500 | U.S. Bank Cash+ Secured $1,000

BOA Cards with Preferred Rewards Platinum (50% boost)
Travel Rewards $18,000 (AU) | Customized Cash Rewards $22,000 (AU) | Premium Rewards $19,400 (AU)

Business Cards
Nav Prime $11,000 | Amex Blue Business Plus $12,800(AU)

Message 6 of 7
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Just an FYI...Divvy closed my account out of nowhere....I emailed and asked to fully delete account and all business information....Wont do that again...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.