cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some BK advice

tag
KittenBreath

Need some BK advice

Hi all, I haven't logged on in a long while due to life being crazy. I am looking for some advice on whether I should file a BK7 or not.

I filed a BK7 back in 2015. After that, things were going really well. My credit started to improve drastically, and I was cruising along nicely until I lost my job. I did the best I could to keep up with payments, but it was very overwhelming. Since I wasn't able to do another BK7, I decided to file a BK13 in 2020. I was working temp jobs and was hoping to be able to consistently make the payments. But, again, it got too difficult, and the BK13 was dismissed in June of last year.

As far as I can tell, all of the biggest creditors have charged off all of my old accounts, and none of them have attempted to contact me about the owed debt.

Finally, I get to my question: I am eligible to file another BK7 now, should I do that? I have not been contacted by the creditors, but I'm wondering if they can still come after me for the old debt. The last thing I want is to start rebuilding only for the old creditors start calling, then that will force me to file a BK7 anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Fico8 Scores
Jan '17
EX - 568 | EQ - 605 | TU - 583

Aug '17
EX - 680 | EQ - 647 | TU - 702

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

Re: Need some BK advice

Any debt that wasn't discharged in the CH 13 (which seems like all of it, since it wasn't completed) is still enforceable by the creditors.   They can come after you anytime.   

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
2/25/24:

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@KittenBreathYou can file again after 8 yrs since the first BK. That is if you meet the requirements to file a 7.

@md_rebuildThey had a Chapt7 first go round.

Message 3 of 5
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

@FireMedic1  Got it.   Thanks, I missed that part.

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
2/25/24:

Message 4 of 5
KittenBreath

Thanks. That's what I figured, just needed a bit of conirmation.

Fico8 Scores
Jan '17
EX - 568 | EQ - 605 | TU - 583

Aug '17
EX - 680 | EQ - 647 | TU - 702

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.