cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!

tag
jjnsl

Help!!

Good afternoon in my first post here, I requested a chapter 7 here in Puerto Rico my 341 is already Wednesday of next week and I forgot to include 3 T-Mobile accounts sold to transword one of $200, $600 and another of $1900 should I call them and negotiate them before they reach my report or am I protected? Thank you...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Bobby1081
Established Member

Re: Help!!

Contact your attorney. They should be able to get your petition updated. I know in the past I heard that anything forgotten on your petition is still considered covered and will be discharged. 

Message 2 of 7
jjnsl

Thank you for your reply, I contacted my lawyer he told me that I could update the petition but that I had to pay the trubunal fee again $318 + 200 fees my resources are limited and I can't do it...Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 7
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

@jjnsl wrote:

Thank you for your reply, I contacted my lawyer he told me that I could update the petition but that I had to pay the trubunal fee again $318 + 200 fees my resources are limited and I can't do it.

What you were "quoted" as the cost of amending Schedule F makes no sense.  Here is your court's fee schedule:

https://www.prb.uscourts.gov/?q=fees-schedule

Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Fees".  These charge are the same no matter where you filed bk.

$34 to file an amendment

$34 to amend the master mailing list (if required)

Your attorney may charge a fee to draft the amendment and that fee could be $200.  But, drafting and filing such an amendment is not rocket science.

Go back to your attorney to find out why he/she is charging  over $500 for a task that takes minimal effort and is extremely routine.

Des.

Message 4 of 7
Bobby1081
Established Member

Everyone's experience is different and I don't want to say what happened to we will be the same for you. I forgot to list a Verizon bill and it was still discharged because I was protected under bk. I think your attorney may just be trying to make a fast buck off you. Wish you luck! 

Message 5 of 7
jjnsl

Thank you, I will contact him.

Message 6 of 7
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like your lawyer is being a real greedy Pri$k. My attorney charged me $35 for two utility bills I wanted to include. Everyone's attorney is different, do the best you can man. Go see him, talk to him. The attorney knows your entire financial situation, so trying to gouge you for what he knows you don't have, is pretty rotten. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.