Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Exclusion

tag
jsullivan3621
New Visitor

Experian Early Exclusion

Hi,

I filed ch7 in July of 2014. Hoping to get EE for Experian, I already got it for TU. I filed an online dispute requesting EE on March 27th, because I'm impatient and wanted to get it into the queue. The dispute is still open today. Do they wait until exactly 90 days, or does it becomes eligible on the first day of the month 3 months before? Does anyone have experience with this?

Also I believe they use filing date and not discharge date but if that hasn't been anyone's experience I'd be interested to hear about it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian Early Exclusion

@jsullivan3621 wrote:

Hi,

I filed ch7 in July of 2014. Hoping to get EE for Experian, I already got it for TU. I filed an online dispute requesting EE on March 27th, because I'm impatient and wanted to get it into the queue. The dispute is still open today. Do they wait until exactly 90 days, or does it becomes eligible on the first day of the month 3 months before? Does anyone have experience with this?

Also I believe they use filing date and not discharge date but if that hasn't been anyone's experience I'd be interested to hear about it.

Discharge date is irrelevant, the public record drops off your record at the beginning of either the 84th month (Chapter 13) or the 120th month (Chapter 7).  As far as EE is concerned, I've read reports of folks who've tried to get the notation dropped early and have had mixed results; in my case I simply waited for all three CBs to drop my notation organically; EX was a month early and EQ and TU were bang on the first of the 84th month.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 2 of 4
jsullivan3621
New Visitor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@jsullivan3621 wrote:

Hi,

Discharge date is irrelevant, the public record drops off your record at the beginning of either the 84th month (Chapter 13) or the 120th month (Chapter 7).  As far as EE is concerned, I've read reports of folks who've tried to get the notation dropped early and have had mixed results; in my case I simply waited for all three CBs to drop my notation organically; EX was a month early and EQ and TU were bang on the first of the 84th month.

Thanks - I already got it removed from TU, but I'm wondering if Experian is 90 days exactly in advance of the filing date for EE eligibility or if it's as of the 1st of the month. It matters because I need to apply for a mortgage and they use the middle score. Right now EXP and EQ are low due to the BK. If I can get EXP up to TU levels, it would make a huge difference in terms of mortgage rates.

Message 3 of 4
Capricornwon

Did you find an answer to this?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.