Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Repo 2024 should I? PLEASE HELP

tag
Society1
Regular Contributor

Voluntary Repo 2024 should I? PLEASE HELP

Had my business up & running it failed in a way. Put the truck under my LLC & PG’d it. Purchased truck in March 2023 with TD AUTO FINANCING 

All payments were on time until December 2023  I’m not able to keep paying it w/o making no money from it. I owe $59.5K on it and blue book value online was 36k-40k. I was thinking of voluntary repossession. Can someone give me the best advice 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Voluntary Repo 2024 should I? PLEASE HELP

You live anywhere that you could Turo it to make some money and try to keep up?

otherwise, giving it up, they then sell it and send you balance owed.

usually at that point you could settle for less. 
the big question is rather, they will report it to your personal credit,

Message 2 of 7
Society1
Regular Contributor

Yes turo is around it's definitely worth a try for sure. I thought about that. And it is on my personal credit reporting for sure I thought putting it in my LLC that it shouldn't report on personal.  I'm just in a bad spot. I never had a late payment or collection in the history of my credit until now 

Message 3 of 7
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Sorry you're in this situation. Hate to state the obvious but it being reported on your personal credit already will more than likely be a moot point if you default being you PG'd the loan. 

A voluntary surrender is treated virtually the same as a repo on credit reports. If there's any way for you to earn extra money in order to keep it current, I'd look into it. At least you would have some time to try and sell it and look at other options for the remaining balance without taking a massive hit to your credit.  

Message 4 of 7
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

What does "PG'd" it mean?

Message 5 of 7
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

What does "PG'd" it mean?

@Gladius Personal Guaranteed

Message 6 of 7
hope78

Whatever you chose dont chose Turo. Its not safe. Someone made a copy of my fob and stole one of my vehicle and it wasn't through turo so my insurance is dealing with it now. Im in a similar situation than you. 

@Society1 wrote:

Had my business up & running it failed in a way. Put the truck under my LLC & PG’d it. Purchased truck in March 2023 with TD AUTO FINANCING 

All payments were on time until December 2023  I’m not able to keep paying it w/o making no money from it. I owe $59.5K on it and blue book value online was 36k-40k. I was thinking of voluntary repossession. Can someone give me the best advice 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.