Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approvals

@805orbust wrote:

@Horseshoez  dude... that score... phenomenal job. We've talked about your BK before but that is just awesome. Way to do your rebuild my friend. 

Thanks my friend!  Yeah, things were decidedly not fun for years, but I'm pretty happy with the way my financial world is shaping up.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 31 of 134
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Due to my DW's score not quite reaching the minimum 780 for the best rates with Mazda Financial/Toyota Motor Credit Corportation (TMCC) I tought it would be safer for me to apply for the loan.  It will be our family car but her daily driver to work (I work from home so my 10 year old Mazda is perfect for my jaunts around town).

APPROVING BANK: Mazda Financial / Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (TMCC)
BUREAU PULLED: Experian
CREDIT SCORE: 816

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL: HARD
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Texas
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2023
MAKE: Mazda
MODEL: CX-9 Carbon Edition
MILEAGE:  22
FINANCE/LEASE: Finance

PURCHASE PRICE: $52,312.43 (This was final all in price for vehicle, extended warranty, service plan, TT&L and Gap insurance which I might have over paid for but saved me shopping around)
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $38,737.43
TERM CONTRACTED: 63 months (I have never done past 60 months before but figured it wouldn't hurt, I can pay extra as desired if I want to pay it off in under 63 months.
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.9
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $664.35
ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME: $182k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 4.13%

Message 4731 of 4,736

Message 32 of 134
805orbust
Valued Contributor

So in return for backing my truck into a concrete divider and ripping the will-to-live from me, DW volunteered to purchase me a new car to go back and forth to work with Smiley Very Happy  Obviously I'm paying for it, but she did all the paperwork, financing, all of that as pennance.  It felt great for once, check it out:

APPROVING BANK:  TD AUTO FINANCE
BUREAU PULLED:  TRANSUNION
CREDIT SCORE:  730

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL:  HARD
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  NC
NEW/USED:  USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE:  2019
MAKE:  HONDA
MODEL:  PASSPORT EX-L
MILEAGE:  65000
FINANCE/LEASE:  FINANCE

PURCHASE PRICE:  $26,500
AMOUNT OF LOAN:  $24,500?
TERM CONTRACTED:  63 MONTHS
APR/LEASE RATE:  6.5%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  $469
ANNUAL INCOME:  $50,000  (DW Income)
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:  15%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Initially got her prequal'd thru CapOne online.  They got us .02% better thru TD.  Initially wanted to put down $8,000 and have the payment around $400 but they wouldn't take my Credit Card at the dealer for more than $1500... morons.  I think they were hoping to sell us some of their warranty/protection crap.  I sold my last V6 Honda Accord with 300,000 miles on it and the original clutch (6 speed), and that's why I'm buying this... If it was a German car I woulda purchased everything they had Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 134
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the new ride @805orbust!  When I financed my Toyota back in October I looked at TDBank (my main bank) to see if they offered car loans and came up blank; I kind of assumed they didn't do those types of loans.  Learn something new every day.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 34 of 134
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Horseshoez  dude I thought the same thing! I don't understand. Maybe it's only thru the dealers and not branches. TD is my bank as well for my businesses and "some" of our personal stuff.  I'm about to see if they'll do an increase on the TD Cash but for now, just happy to have the car situation solved... LAWD

Message 35 of 134
WildestDreams
Regular Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Capital One  - dealer not auto nagivator 
BUREAU PULLED: TU8 (dealer said his rep at Cap1 used all 3 to get me approved not sure how true that is)
CREDIT SCORE: FICO 8's (dealer) - TU - 608, EQ - 640, EX- 620 / myFICO (same day) TU - 625, EQ- 668, EX - 651

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL: Hard
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: New York
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2023
MAKE: Subaru
MODEL: Outback Wilderness
MILEAGE: 13
FINANCE/LEASE: Finance

PURCHASE PRICE: 42,100
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 31,970
TERM CONTRACTED: 72m
APR/LEASE RATE: 12.55%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $637
ANNUAL INCOME: $82,500
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 28%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: approval was 2 days post Chapter 7 discharge, wanted to sharing data points and show that a loan immediately after CH7/ with prety low FICO scores is possible. I was fully expecting 18+% APR, aiming to refiance once my scores improve more

Message 36 of 134
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@WildestDreams- Congrats!   how much did you put down?   did you get extended coverage?  

Message 37 of 134
WildestDreams
Regular Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

@WildestDreams- Congrats!   how much did you put down?   did you get extended coverage?  

7 year 70k warranty for 1300$ - originally dealer wanted 3k but dropped it down

5000 - cash down (gift)

500 - subaru loyalty voucher

8100 - equity from trade (protected in Chap 7)

13.5k total down, so a decent LVT? maybe why I got approved 

Message 38 of 134
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@WildestDreams  looks like you got the Subie just in time!  Congrats!!

Message 39 of 134
Herb8108
Valued Member

APPROVING BANK:Ally
BUREAU PULLED:Experian
CREDIT SCORE:621

SOFT PULL/HARD PULL:Hard
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:FL
NEW/USED:New
YEAR OF VEHICLE:2022
MAKESmiley Very Happyodge 
MODEL:Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
MILEAGE: 8
FINANCE/LEASE:Finance

PURCHASE PRICE:60,505
AMOUNT OF LOAN:72K
TERM CONTRACTED:72 Months
APR/LEASE RATE:12%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:1326
ANNUAL INCOME:100k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: Not Sure
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Been trying to get my hands on a Hellcat for the longest I can afford it, but I knew my credit was going to be a problem and I wasn't interested in paying the humongous mark up fees associated with the last call models. I got an allocation for this model at the dealer close to me and it was a widebody so I went for it got my mom to co-sign on it to gaurentee the loan her credit is 780+ long story short got the car. I will be refinancing in about a year after I get my score higher and pay down the loan 

More Life, More Credit, More Power
Message 40 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.